Journey/White Water Landing question

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Journey/White Water Landing question

Postby rwk » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:52 pm

I was thinking about this, the Journey was removed before White Water Landing was built. Was that on purpose or just a coincidence? Was White Water Landing intended as a 'replacement' for Journey because the boats have higher capacity and the tunnel at top is not totally enclosed? Because Cedar Point got the same ride in 93. I see a pattern with CF needing to replace old worn out rides and buildings because of fire hazard, etc. But, why did they get rid of the Sky Ride and Water Skooters? And the old Zephyr station with the cotton candy and games and the old French Fry and Hot Dog building?
rwk

Postby DorneyDante » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:04 pm

All the rides they got rid of were for practical reasons and because they could afford to build something better. I think we have discussed this 1,987,737,828 times. Get over what Dorney used to have and focus on the great thrill park that CF is creating. I personally think that there needs to be less "why did CF get rid of this, why did CF get rid of that" posts. Its getting redundant. Just my opinion. WWL was not a replacement for Journey. It was just a coincidence that one was added after the other was torn down. That tunnel at the top of WWL is by far not meant to be of any reason other than for decorative/theming purposes. It came along with that specific model by the manufacturer.
DorneyDante

Postby MJHammer1 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:20 pm

<<That tunnel at the top of WWL is by far not meant to be of any reason other than for decorative/theming purposes. It came along with that specific model by the manufacturer.>>

I'm not in disagreement on that - but I should also point out that the many Morning Call articles that covered the struggle to get this ride approved mentioned that the tunnel at the top was built in order to cut down on noise filtering into the neighborhoods near the ride.

Mike
MJHammer1

Postby DorneyDante » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:18 pm

Snake River Falls at CP is the exact model that Dorney has and also has the same tunnel at the top.
DorneyDante

Return to General Discussion