Building Removal

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Building Removal

Postby JtotheMurphy » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:36 pm

This was mentioned in the general discussion forum and then locked, but I feel the topic should be looked into a little further. The building that currently houses the Cheesesteaks, Chicken and Shrimp, Subway, and various other shops in Dorney Park (and also has the Old Mine located within its depths) was on its last leg when I worked at the park. Management from both sides of the park had mentioned this to me over the years and I was actually told that a new "state-of-the-art" flat ride would go in its place. Now, nothing has happened and it has been several years since I heard of these plans. I am not trying to say this will def. be done, but it gives us an idea of the parks plans towards future development. Also, with the removal of the game room that use to be on the inside (or so it seemed like when I was at the park for Halloweekends) I could see this as another indicator. Let's discuss.
JtotheMurphy

Postby rwk » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:20 pm

If they remove that, then I have lost all faith in Cedar Fair, L.P. Just kidding. They had better not remove the Whip. Or the Zephyr train. From what I see, starting in 1993 their 10 year goal was to make the park 'presentable' to guests and to themselves. That included the adding of new, big-ticket rides every couple of years to boost attendance (and sales), and the removal of buildings and rides that didn't meet 'their' standards. I understand where they're coming from, but when 'improvements' come at the expense of history, well that's another story.
rwk

Postby DorneyDante » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:38 pm

But when preserving history is digging holes in their pockets.............well, you know what that means. Buh bye
DorneyDante

Postby zuckuss1 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:47 am

:(
zuckuss1

Return to General Discussion