Interesting Dates/Prices for 2004

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Interesting Dates/Prices for 2004

Postby MJHammer1 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:04 am

Sorta a FYI I suppose -

Dorney's updated their operating schedule and ticket prices for 2004. Some interesting notes:

• For the first time in a long time, all ticket prices for the park have stayed the same. The only one that increased is the ticket price for Halloweekends, which for the first time is different than the typical "bonus weekend" price. ($25 versus $21)

• Halloweekends will take place for 13 days, versus the 8 its been for the past few years. Weird calendar stuff has made an extra weekend pop into October, so that's a bonus. And... Fridays are back! The last three Fridays of October they're opening for their old 5-10 pm hours.

• There's only one park buy-out booked, at least as of now. It's the one in May (girlscouts?)

I really hope that Halloweekends does get some expansion cash for this coming year. Zuckuss already mentioned the Doctor of Doom house, perhaps entertainment will get some cash as well...

Mike
MJHammer1

Postby DorneyMan88 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:22 am

Yeah, I believe I read somewhere that there are an extra 2 operating days (full days) this year because the first of May (which is when the park always opens) falls on the first. Therefore, there are more weekends in May.
DorneyMan88

Postby zuckuss1 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:44 am

:(
Last edited by zuckuss1 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuckuss1

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:28 pm

Sounds great! Closing day is Halloween... excellent! That either means very crowded for HalloWeekends, or dead (re-rides!) for trick-or-treating :P . My only question... their calendar shows them opening on May 8th... WHY? They always open the first Saturday in may, which is May first in 2004... is this just a typo, or are they really opening on the 8th?
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby zuckuss1 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:30 pm

Last edited by zuckuss1 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuckuss1

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:33 pm

That makes no sense, and adds another 7 days to my countdown! Agh!

*Edit*
The more I think about this, the more it makes me angry... I mean, I know it's not my decision or anything, but this just doesn't make sense... Dorney is already one of the last major parks to open in the area (Six Flags parks open in April!). Does anybody know the reason for this?
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby zuckuss1 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:24 pm

Last edited by zuckuss1 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuckuss1

Postby DorneyMan88 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:59 pm

Hey, zuckuss1, a little off topic, but, where exactly do you work again in DP? I know you might have answered this before, but I'm wondering because I'm thinking about getting a job at DP for next season. I want to ask you your opinion of the job. Is it worth it? Remember, I'll only be 15 and I live a half hour's drive away.
DorneyMan88

Postby rwk » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:09 pm

And another thing, what is the reason for having a Camp Snoopy in every CF park? Or when CP gets something, Dorney copies it? Example-Magnum - Steel Force, Raptor - Talon, Power Tower - Dominator. I'm not ratting on CF just making comparisons. Is it CF policy to add the same rides to all newly acquired parks? Keeps it simple, I guess when they can deal with the same manufactuers and order the same ride for all their parks. I mean people were worried when CF bought Knott's Berry Farm that they would destroy the traditional, historical side of the park and put in all these extreme thrill rides, luckily they haven't destroyed Ghost Town yet, just the Haunted Shack walkthrough, because it was 50 years old and didn't meet ADA requirements. I mean like in the mid 20th century parks had individuality to them, now a lot of parks seem like clones that are owned by a chain. Six Flags does the same thing, a Batman and Superman at multiple parks. Dorney is better in appearance though than it was, it seemed a bit dirty before, you should have seen how dirty the floor was in the old Thunderhawk building, and all the litter above the lockers, you could see it through the windows looking toward the Zephyr. I guess it was an eyesore in addition to a fire hazard.
rwk

Postby silverghost » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:20 pm

rwk wrote:And another thing, what is the reason for having a Camp Snoopy in every CF park? Or when CP gets something, Dorney copies it? Example-Magnum - Steel Force, Raptor - Talon, Power Tower - Dominator.

I wouldn't complain! I don't see the big deal of copying it. Both parks are still different, and the rides aren't clones (cough cough Six Flags cough cough), so why shouldn't we eastern Pennsylvanians, New Jerseyers, Delawarians, New Yorkers, and Marylanders join in on the fun?

SilverGhost
silverghost

Postby DorneyMan88 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:37 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cedar Fair the one who put in Ghost Town? Or was it added by the Knotts family a year before Cedar Fair bought the park?
DorneyMan88

Postby HighSpeedThrillCoaster » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:38 pm

WOW! Thats some great news, Fridays of Halloweekends used to be my favorite time to go. I was under the impression that fridays were dropped due to lack of staffing. I wonder what they are now doing to get peeps to work fridays and why they didn't do it before.
HighSpeedThrillCoaster

Postby DorneyDante » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:44 pm

DorneyMan88 wrote:Hey, zuckuss1, a little off topic, but, where exactly do you work again in DP? I know you might have answered this before, but I'm wondering because I'm thinking about getting a job at DP for next season. I want to ask you your opinion of the job. Is it worth it? Remember, I'll only be 15 and I live a half hour's drive away.

Last time I asked him that question he said he couldn't tell us or something like that. I know he didn't answer the question I can remember that much. If you look back at some of the recent posts its in there.
DorneyDante

Postby zuckuss1 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:26 pm

Last edited by zuckuss1 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuckuss1

Postby randydorney » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:44 pm

zuckuss1, Randydorney here. I was wondering if you know a person named ALE PARKER?? He works in Dp too!! I work with him in a youth program at my local church. I was wondering if you knew him or worked with him this season.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Next

Return to General Discussion