Last Hercules Ride

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Last Hercules Ride

Postby DorneyDante » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:20 pm

Reading Dptalon's trip report sparked me to write this. In his post he was talking about how he didn't realize that would be his last ride on Hercules ever. When was your last Hercules ride? And how was the ride? My last Hercules ride was on August 16th, 2003 at approx 8:00 p.m. It was 2 weeks before they announced the ride's closing. My last ride on it, the ride shut down and our train was stuck in the transfer shed area for about 15 minutes. I ate a pop tart (yeah I really did eat a pop-tart on a rollercoaster) and took video footage of me and my frend while we waited for a mechanic to come up and fix the shutdown. It was quite an interesting last ride. Ok, so maybe none of your will be quite as interesting or maybe they will. How and when was your last ride? Hope none of you skipped a ride this season.
Last edited by DorneyDante on Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DorneyDante

Postby zuckuss1 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:41 pm

:(
Last edited by zuckuss1 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuckuss1

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:17 pm

My last ride was August 30th, just a 2 days before it's abrupt last day. Front row ride, probably the smoothest it was all year, and the past 3 years for that matter. Still, it was quite a boring ride, and I'll always be left wondering what a trimless ride is like. No matter, I'm very much looking forward to the floorless, as long as B&M is creative with the land.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby SROSSFNE » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:43 pm

My last ride was my first, july 16th, iam pretty sure.
SROSSFNE

Postby DorneyDante » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:00 pm

Hey, zuckuss1, since you work for the park,,,,,,,,,,I have asked this question to a billion people and no one knows the answer. What are they doing with all the wood? Do you know? Burning pressure treated wood is hazardous and keeping all the wood is impractical, they would need to open a lumber yard. I can't fathom what they would be doing with it. I can be creative and give guesses. Not to mention the ride was built using thousands of tubes of that fire inhibiting adhesive, so burning it wouldn't really wouldn't be effective. http://www.coasterquest.com/const04.htm
DorneyDante

Postby zuckuss1 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:52 am

Last edited by zuckuss1 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuckuss1

Postby randydorney » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:16 am

my last time I rode Hercules was on July 18, 2002. I couldn't take it anymore, my back was hurting me that it totally ruined my day at Dorney Park.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby dptalon135 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:28 pm

Zuckuss, would you be able to take pictures of the deconstruction? Or is that not allowed?
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby zuckuss1 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:33 pm

Last edited by zuckuss1 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuckuss1

Postby JtotheMurphy » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:57 pm

ZUCKUSS!!!!!
ZUCKUSS!!!!!
Let's see those pics buddy....and don't be afraid to take too many!
JtotheMurphy

Postby HighSpeedThrillCoaster » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:01 pm

I can't remember the date of my last ride. I made quite a few trips to the park this past season and rode almost ever time. I do remember that my last visit that Herc was open we decided not to ride :( It was the first time all season that I saw a long line. If I would of know that it would be my last chance for a ride I would have waited in line. I have a great idea for all the wood from Hercules. They could use it to recreate the station for "Coaster" and bring back ALFUNDO. I know we will never see that but they could do something about the station on thunderhawk. I think it is about the worst looking station of any wood coaster ever.
HighSpeedThrillCoaster

Postby geneticfreak » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:06 pm

My last ride on Hercules was the first train of the ERT at Coaster Madness, right after we got the speech about riding responsibly. I was there several times after CM, but just never had the urge to ride again, and was waiting to get another lap or two during Halloweekends, but that didn't exactly work out. I never really rode it more than once or twice each year, so I probably won't miss it as much as others will.
geneticfreak

Postby zuckuss1 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:10 am

Last edited by zuckuss1 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuckuss1

Postby zuckuss1 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:18 am

Last edited by zuckuss1 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zuckuss1

Postby DorneyDante » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:36 am

I bet it was kinda cool to see something like that, I can agree with you there but it's also kinda saddening. This will go down in history not only for DP but in rollercoaster history.

Edit: I don't know if you can post pics on here. You can post them on webshots and give us the link.
DorneyDante

Next

Return to General Discussion