Last Hercules Ride

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Hercules Destruction

Postby DorneyDante » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:36 pm

JtotheMurphy wrote:Seeing the area in this new light starts to give me a better idea as to how the new coaster will be situated. I think that there will be little use of the hillside for the new ride, rather it will be positioned more towards Meteor and the other amenities.

hello? did u not read my post.
DorneyDante

Postby JtotheMurphy » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:40 pm

Nope.
So, if you are one of those people dying for credit I will give it to you, and if you are like me, we can just assume that great minds think alike.
JtotheMurphy

Postby DorneyDante » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:08 pm

I wasn't dying to get credit, I was just confused as to why you would reiterate something that someone just said rather than saying I agree. But if you didn't read the previous posts thats just negligence on your part.
DorneyDante

Postby dptalon135 » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:28 pm

Those square areas in the concrete were indeed the planter areas, like in this photo. When I saw the first picture from inside the park, looking right at Hercules, I was shocked, and didn't even recognize it as Dorney Park. From riding Steel Force in October, I did notice some survey markings on the hillside, so I think the ride will at least use some of the hill. As with everyone else, I'm dying to see the plans for this ride...
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby JtotheMurphy » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:44 pm

Were the markers more in the area of Steel Forces turnaround or near Thunder Creek Mountain?
JtotheMurphy

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:51 pm

I saw markers spread from under Hercules' drop and lift over to behind the Joker. I didn't see any inside Steel Force's helix, though.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby JtotheMurphy » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:33 pm

I actually remember seeing some down near the trees at ThunderCreek Mountain now that I think about it.
I think a great idea for this ride would be if they build a pathway underneath that allowed the park visitors to walk to the edge where Hercules' drop once was (and still is as of this typing). Maybe throw in a memorial picture and some stats, as well as the titles the coaster held when it debut.
JtotheMurphy

Postby DorneyDante » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:31 pm

I think thats a great idea, but CF isn't concerned with the park's past, as we already know so I doubt that will ever happen. Someone mentioned this before about adding photos of past rides throughout the park. I think its a great idea, but like I said I wouldn't hold my breath. Also, to comment on the Herc thing. I think there shoulda been a path down there when Hercules was still operating. I used to go on the swan boats and drift over by the turn over the lake and just sit there and watch the train come down the 1st drop. It was really neat to watch. It was the most beautiful coaster from the back, it really was (to bad that was the view most hidden.)
DorneyDante

Postby HercBoy324 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:32 pm

My last ride was August 18th, 2003...my last official day of work. And I remember that ride very clearly, and it was honestly one of the best rides I've ever had on Herc. I worked there a couple times after, but that was before they made the announcement, so I wasn't able to get anymore rides in.
HercBoy324

Postby DorneyDante » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:39 am

I'd have to say ditto with you hercboy in that my last ride on herc (aug 16th) was one of the better ones I've had in years. I actually thought they had the ride running pretty decently.

*breaks out singing memories*
DorneyDante

Previous

Return to General Discussion