Maze of Mirrors

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Maze of Mirrors

Postby JtotheMurphy » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:01 pm

Does anyone remember the mirror maze that use to be where the crazy cars are today? I can still see the yellowish colored panals that composed the maze and how disorienting it really was.
Discuss.
JtotheMurphy

Postby HighSpeedThrillCoaster » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:15 pm

I remember the maze. It was near where the waffles and ice cream was. Dorney used to have THE BEST waffles and ice cream. We would always get our waffles and sit on a bench and watch the kids bang into the glass walls. I rember going through it a few times, but it was much more fun to watch.
HighSpeedThrillCoaster

Postby DorneyDante » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:58 pm

I'm only 21 (not as old as you 2 I'm assuming). I remember the mirror maze slightly. I went in it once with my dad when I was 6. Nothing special about it. Didn't it rotate?
DorneyDante

Postby rwk » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:57 pm

I have pictures of it in an old brochure, I banged my head on the glass running into a wall.
rwk

Postby JtotheMurphy » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:46 pm

The Mirror Maze did rotate and I remember it having a distinct smell as well. I would imagine that it sucked to have to go in there after the night was over and clean the damn mirrors. So many hand marks and smudges.
JtotheMurphy

Postby rwk » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:47 am

There ARE other mirror mazes around, like at Ocean City, MD and Playland, Rye, NY. I guess those "traditional" parks don't mind taking risks with funhouse type stuff unlike the giant corporates SF CF who would be quick to remove an attraction that could be a safety, security, capacity, or fire risk.
rwk

Postby JtotheMurphy » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:55 am

Please quit your crying, and while you are at it.....
1.) Get a car.
2.) Stop living with your mom.
3.) Don't be retarded.
4.) Get a decent job.
5.) Stop harassing me on Instant Messanger.
JtotheMurphy

Return to General Discussion