Dorney TV filming

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Dorney TV filming

Postby modernphoenixv2 » Tue May 24, 2011 6:00 pm

In the "Miserable Failure" section of the internet, right next to the "Couldn't compare to Lizard Lick" section.
modernphoenixv2

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Fri May 27, 2011 10:43 am

modernphoenixv2 wrote:In the "Miserable Failure" section of the internet, right next to the "Couldn't compare to Lizard Lick" section.

:lol: I found this comment very entertaining!
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby coasterluver » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Bump, but I found this video, and posted on youtube. Heres the link: http://youtu.be/epWHqW0bOVA
coasterluver

Postby Hooky965 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 pm

brings a tear to my eye.

....and makes me want to get the old gig back. 8)
Hooky965

Postby Yoshi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Do those complainers check the forecast before coming to the park? I have gone to the park before when there is a chance of thunderstorms knowing the risk. Most of the time it isn't a problem because it doesn't rain and if the rides shut down I'll just return another day. If I was paying admission and didn't have a season pass I probably wouldn't go to the park on a day when there was more than a 20% - 30% chance of rain or a storm. I remember one day in 2006, all rides shut down except Music Express, Whip and maybe a couple of other rides. I rode the Whip and the power went out for a couple of seconds and then went back on. It was an interesting visit to the park. Or the day of Hurricane Irene when while on Steel Force when a downpour started right after the train left the station and they closed the park 15 minutes after that.
Yoshi

Postby Hooky965 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 pm

It does make you wonder, doesn't it? I would say that in some cases, you might be dealing with people who signed up for a bus trip in advance and were locked in. In other cases, you might have some folks who have limited time off and have to roll the dice. As for the others, I guess there's nothing that can be said or done to combat that level of foolishness. I'm not a pass holder, and have a fairly busy schedule, so for my park visits, I usually have a window of days that I'd consider. If any of these days would be a potential problem, I wait until a better one shows up.

Simple, really.
Hooky965

Postby PepsiFan01 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:38 pm

It used to be amazing how some people would stand outside debating if they should go in or not after buying a ticket - while seeing the gathering clouds and hearing that there are no refunds or rainchecks once they went in - and then went in anyway. They were usually the first ones to demand a refund. What can you say to that? A lot of times it was large bus groups that paid a lot of money and would not be able to return anytime soon. Boy, they would get angry...
PepsiFan01

Postby coasterluver » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Really, some people need to remember that the rides aren't closed all day. Once the weather passes you can go on the rides again.
coasterluver

Previous

Return to General Discussion