2005 Coaster Height

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

2005 Coaster Height

Postby JtotheMurphy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:57 am

I read over on coasterbuzz.com that the height of the new coaster will be about 95 ft. I was wondering if anyone knew where this rumored stat came from?
JtotheMurphy

Postby randydorney » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:12 am

So far, I read in the Morning Call said that only the ride statics was 3200 ft long, 3 minutes long, goes underground 5 times and 3 inversions.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby DorneyMan88 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:55 pm

It is true, the height of the new coaster will be 95 feet. I was gonna post this a while ago, but forgot about it. It is stated on the application to the township on their website. I will try and find it and post the link later.
DorneyMan88

Postby JtotheMurphy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:16 pm

Where did you get the three inversions as well? I don't remember seeing that stat in the morning call write up, and I read it several times due to excitement. Whatever the case, I just need to lay off the greenery.
JtotheMurphy

Postby JtotheMurphy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:25 pm

Could someone post the article or at least the portion of it containing any of this information?
JtotheMurphy

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:41 pm

The article is no longer on the web, but I have a printed copy I can type up... give me a few minutes.

*Edit*
The article, typed word-for-word
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby DorneyMan88 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:12 pm

Hmm, it seems, just as with the Morning Call article, that the application to the new floorless roller coaster has also been removed from the township's website. This is prolly so we don't go snooping around, LOL. I guess you have two options, trust my word, or just forget about it and wait till the official announcement.
DorneyMan88

Postby DrNickRiviera995 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:41 pm

:)
Last edited by DrNickRiviera995 on Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrNickRiviera995

Postby DorneyMan88 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:02 pm

Don't worry, the three inversion thing is pure speculation, it holds no water. That was not stated in the Morning Call or any other article. The general consensus from what I've heard is that it will have 5 or more inversions (just rumors).
DorneyMan88

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:51 pm

Yeah, I've heard 5 inversions as well.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby DorneyDante » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:04 pm

I heard 6 inversions. But yeah the ride will be 95 ft tall. someone posted the link to the s whitehall township site on screamscape that showed the permit for the ride. Like someone said earlier, its not on the site anymore, so ur gonna have to just trust the people like myself who read it. But it is true, it'll be 95ft tall with a 100ft drop. Nothing to ride home about yes I know. Like I have been saying all along,they replaced Hercules with a mediocre-sized steel eyesore. But hey Talon isn't that big and its still a great ride, so who knows what this ride will be like,but a 100 ft drop seems a little lacking for any decent steel ride IMO. Doesnt anyone else think? I also think the new rides lift will almost be in the exact position that Herc's was but instead of going straight out and toward the lake I think it will swoop down to the left, kinda like BTDK does.
DorneyDante

Postby JtotheMurphy » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:09 pm

I like the idea of the coaster being relatively small in height, yet still having six inversions and five portions that will go underground (or hillside). This baiscally means that the ride will be a ground hugger and should make for some nice forces I believe. But then again...I know nothing....
JtotheMurphy

Postby geneticfreak » Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:23 pm

There are many examples of where size doesn't matter when it comes to making a great coaster. One of them is already in the park with Talon. What if this one is carved into the ground similar to something like Nemesis? I know that Cedar Fair isn't very big on actual theming, but maybe they learned their lesson with TTD. A floorless coaster bouncing along that hillside would make for a very interesting ride if it is done right.

One thing we know for sure is that it won't be a cookie cutter parking lot coaster.
geneticfreak

Postby randydorney » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:17 pm

Oh sorry, I meant 6 not 3. Forget that first post I made. Thanks
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Return to General Discussion