What kind of coaster do you want DP to get next?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

What type of roller coaster do you want Dorney to get after the new floorless?

Launching Coaster (Rocket or Impulse)
56%
Wooden Coaster (GCI, S&S, or Gravity Group...out and back or twistie)
44%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 18

What kind of coaster do you want DP to get next?

Postby DorneyMan88 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:18 pm

I know that DP has not even started construction on the floorless and their next coaster is probably a long time away, but I was bored and this is the offseason. Haha. The Poll only has two main options because that is what I believe are the only areas of coasters that they have not expanded into yet.

Personally, even though I love woodies, I would like a launching coaster next. Specifically an impulse because Hershey has a rocket and DP would be getting a launch coaster and a great shuttle ride. Plus, impulses are less expensive than B&M rides and I think that Dorney could come up with the $9 million for one by 2007 or 2008.

I seem to have somehow screwed up the poll and I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help me?
DorneyMan88

Postby sfnitro230 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:51 pm

Poll fixed. I hope DP gets a woodie because with the removal of Hercules they only have one small woodie. Now don't get me wrong, Thunderhawk is a great ride, but the park could use a new wooden twister as their next coaster.
sfnitro230

Postby DEVILDAN2000 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:22 pm

Definatly gotta go with the rocket. After ridin TTD, i can't get enough of them. I can't for for HP to get theres. SOOOOO much closer to home.
DEVILDAN2000

Postby DorneyDante » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:42 pm

The next coaster needs to be a woodie, no doubt about that. And if CF doesn't wanna get another woodie because they can't maintain them, well they better learn how to. Their new woodie should be innovative and original. Nothing tacky and overdone like any GCI twister (hershey already dominated that area), something original ala shivering timbers.
Last edited by DorneyDante on Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DorneyDante

Postby geneticfreak » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:46 am

I would prefer an impulse, mainly because I can't get enough of WT or Superman UE. I just don't like the 8-10 hour drive to get to them. I wouldn't want a rocket since Hershey is getting one. Even though theirs will be unique with inversions, I have a bad feeling that it just won't measure up to TTD in terms of sheer excitement.

The biggest thing I have to wonder is how good the relationship between CF and Intamin is right now. With all the major problems with TTD, structural and operational problems with WT, Steel Venom not opening on time, Xcelerator's woes, along with the issues that MF has had over the years, I have to think that it will be quite some time before another Intamin gets built in a CF park. :(
geneticfreak

Postby TiggerMan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:47 am

I have to agree with Geneticfreak.... I absolutely LOVE the impulse coasters and was really hoping that an impulse would be their next addition. I spent a good chunk of time of my last trip to CP riding WT as many times as I could get. The floorless thing caught me completely off-guard.
TiggerMan

Postby DorneyDante » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:38 am

I think the announcement caught everyone off guard! I'll never 4get coming into work that morning and checking my email and visiting the usual sites that I visit every morning and seeing the announcement. Not only was hercules being demolished, something I NEVER thought would happen, but they also announced they were adding a floorless, which really shocked me. I don't think anyone out there could have said "I saw that one coming." No one saw this coming. Just goes to show (in the amusement park business) you NEVER know what their gonna do next.
DorneyDante

Postby Mikey100900 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:43 pm

Instead of tearing down Hercules, they could have kept the world record drop and refigured it for the 21st century. Like add a few more hills and special features.
Mikey100900

Postby dptalon135 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:47 am

That would have been a good idea, but they would not have been able to market it at all. How would you convince the public that a ride they didn't like has been made better?
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Mikey100900 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:42 pm

Thunderhawk was reconfigured to what u see today and that was back in the 20s or 30s
Mikey100900

Postby dptalon135 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:39 pm

That was a long time ago... times have changed a lot. Hercules would have needed a whole lot of major changes, and the public would not have really cared.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion