Wacky Shack

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Wacky Shack

Postby DorneyDante » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:22 am

I just thought I'd post this in case anyone is interested. There is an item up for bid on Ebay that (I believe) is a postcard of the Wacky Shack walk through dark ride at Dorney Park in the 60's. Doesn't quite say in the description if its just a pic, a postcard, or whatever it is.
DorneyDante

whacky shack

Postby rwk » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:00 pm

I just had to say something about this. My mom remembers this, it was a walk through like gold mine, it was located where the joker is I was told. Funny thing is that it burned down Dec. 1973, a month before my birth! A man by the name if Bill Tracy did most of the dark ride renovations at DP in the 60s. Another park in Erie, PA, Waldameer has existing dark rides called Whacky Shack (ride) and Pirate's Cove (walk-through) those were built by the same man in 1970. There used to be a Whacky Shack ride through on the now defunct Hunt's Pier in Wildwood, NJ, next to Morey's Pier. The Boo Hill house reminds me of a whacky shack in a way.
rwk

Return to General Discussion