Dorney Park 2013

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Dorney Park 2013

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:35 pm

They also have random discounts from time to time on top of the website discount. I got an e-mail yesterday with a mention of tickets for $32.99 if they were purchased today online (the tickets are valid July 29th to August 18th).
Yoshi

Postby MarinersMunchies » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:22 am

I have to think that most of the people complaining about ticket/season pass pricing don't have many other financial responsibilities in life. Rent, utilities, food, beverage, gas, etc. all fluctuate in price but historically trend upwards. I work for a large industrial gas company and sell a commodity product. We have to implement price increases on a yearly basis and justify it with "strengthening our infrastructure" or "adding new drivers" rubbish. The fact of the matter is everything rolls up to the street (Wall St.) and stockholder satisfaction. Stockholders dont necessarily care about roller coasters or other large justifiable expenses....they care about the stock price and ROI. Charging more makes more money. Charging more offsets attendance decreases or in-the-park spend. We're seeing Cedarfair implement the same tactic that households and businesses throughout the US have done since 2008....do more (make $$$) with less (capital expenditures).

That being said, the park is doing just fine and the next two off seasons will prove just that. Patience is a virtue my friends.

PS - Don't become a sports fan.
MarinersMunchies

Postby dorneydude » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:27 pm

I don't entirely disagree with the above post. However, believe me, I have many financial responsibilities and its to the point where I must pick and choose...like many Americans now a days. Your industry is gas. Gas...I need gas. Charge what you will, I need it and there is no alternative. DP is another story. Folks don't need it and there are other options.

I hope you are right about the parks future though.
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Postby dorneyparkrules » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Remember Dorney is CLOSED for private event on Saturday but OPEN to public on Sunday from 10am-8pm for only $20 dollars on Sunday
Current Dorney Park Employee
2013- Thunder Canyon
2014- Steel Force, Possessed, Monster, and Revolution
2015- Stinger, Cedar Creek Flyers, Revolution, and Steel Force
2017- Possessed and Monster
dorneyparkrules

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 pm

It should be interesting to see if the $20 promotion makes the park any more crowded. I have gone on the Sunday the weekend after Labor Day weekend before and it is usually empty, even for Dorney where the coasters are running with half full trains.
Yoshi

Previous

Return to General Discussion