Reason for no re-admission after 6pm during the Haunt?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Reason for no re-admission after 6pm during the Haunt?

Postby rotlex » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:49 am

Subject says it. Is there any reason other than "that's just the way it is", that you are not allowed re-admission to the park after 6pm during the Haunt? This might be an old question, but I guess I never really thought, or worried about it until this year when I'm dealing with a 10 year old that LOVES the night time stuff, and a 4 year old that goes with us during the day.

Problem is, for me at least, we spend the day at the park riding stuff, doing the boo blast etc., head home for dinner, and wham, it's generally going to be well after 6 until we are ready to head back for the Haunt. I'm not really getting what the difference is if I've been there during the day or not.
rotlex

Re: Reason for no re-admission after 6pm during the Haunt?

Postby Yoshi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 pm

I don't know how true it is but I remember hearing the reason for the no re-admission is to stop people from going out to their cars to get drunk during Haunt and then go back into the park. It can be annoying especially with the midnight closings so it isn't just no re-entry for a few hours.

Great Adventure also does the same thing with no re-admission after 8:00 during Fright Fest.
Yoshi

Postby rotlex » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:16 pm

I get, and have heard, the drinking etc. I get it from one view, but on the other, it makes zero sense. Heck, not that I as a law abiding parent of two would do this, but if I wanted to be drunk at an event like the Haunt, I'd simply drink before I got there in the first place. :mrgreen:

Really though. Some rules are put in place simply to be questioned IMHO.
rotlex

Postby dorneydude » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:38 pm

they have your $$$...if you need to leave and they don't let you back in...less people to get out of the park????? Who knows...it certainly is weird and I wonder how often its enforced if a non drunk family person comes back.....
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Postby Hooky965 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Yeah, Yoshi pretty much hit it on the head. I think that the take on that was that you'd avoid more potential issues if going to the lot was pretty much a ticket to paying twice. The deterrent factor of wanding and searches prior to park entry during haunt was supposed to reduce the chance of kids bringing contraband into the park. No readmission was supposed to close the loop.

Of course, nothing is completely watertight, but I think that the rules were designed to reduce the potential for issues inside the park. Saying that, there's nothing that prevents people from going to the parking lot with the intent of illicit activity during the summer, however the thing to consider there is that there's more daylight at that time of year, which makes some of the potentially bad actvity a little harder to conceal. BTW, that last part is just my take on the situation, nothing else.

As far as families being allowed to be re-admitted on the sly, don't bet on it. There's a lot of people at those gates during Haunt, and doing so is a violation of park policy, putting someone's job in significant peril. That says nothing about how other guests would view it (how come THEY get to do that?). It brings to mind the whole "leaving the line to go to the bathroom and losing your spot" thing. While I'd empathize with any parent who tells his/her child to go to the bathroom, and then try to let them back in line, the fact remains that you just can't allow it. Why? because the guys behind them see it and think that they can do the same thing, and somebody behind them gets hissed, and then you're breaking up a fight.

what can I say...there's reasons.
Hooky965

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Well, I can't say that I blame them for this. It is no good for the example of the family who goes home for dinner and comes back but I have to think that is not the typical situation. But for those who this rule is intended for, they can just bring their DP flask (yes, they used to sell these) and fill er up OR... Hang out in Chickies and pound $8 Sams until you can't see straight. Might not be the most responsible thing to do but I'm just saying... :lol:
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby Hooky965 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Your point is something that I did think about when I was there, but I guess that the real target for this wasn't those who were of age (or would have the cash for purchases of that kind in the park). They're really trying to cut out the underage group here. I think that there were other considerations for the whole thing as well, and but suffice to say that the ultimate reason really comes down to safety for all concerned. If one who was of age would do what you're suggesting, I think that it's reasonable to think that they wouldn't be in the park for long. Truth be told, in my short stint there, I really didn't deal with too much of that. There were plenty of other things to keep busy with, :? but that really wasn't one of them.
Hooky965

Postby nathanaelerik » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Yoshi wrote:I don't know how true it is but I remember hearing the reason for the no re-admission is to stop people from going out to their cars to get drunk during Haunt and then go back into the park. It can be annoying especially with the midnight closings so it isn't just no re-entry for a few hours.

Great Adventure also does the same thing with no re-admission after 8:00 during Fright Fest.

Not only to get drunk, but I've known people who have gotten high or taken pills before entering haunt. Its a shame people like that have to ruin things for everyone else.
nathanaelerik

Return to General Discussion