Park Interview Tips?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Park Interview Tips?

Postby dorneyparkrules » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:52 am

I have not work at Dorney yet I have being going to the park 14 years and only missed one year 2007 and I have enjoyed every visit I had. I only live about 24 miles away and it dont take long to get there I hope one year I get to Great Adventure, Hershey Park, and a lot more parks
Current Dorney Park Employee
2013- Thunder Canyon
2014- Steel Force, Possessed, Monster, and Revolution
2015- Stinger, Cedar Creek Flyers, Revolution, and Steel Force
2017- Possessed and Monster
dorneyparkrules

Postby Hooky965 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:16 am

Yoshi wrote:it does seem like a lot of people here have worked at the park. I'm one of the few that has not. I live about 45 minutes away from the park with no traffic and if I did live close enough to work there, I don't think I would want to. Seeing how ride ops and other employees are treated by some park visitors from many trips to Dorney and Great Adventure is nothing something I would want to deal with (like being yelled at by an angry parent that their kid is too short to ride a coaster). Also because I go to parks to relax and get away from stress and I don't know if I could enjoy going to the park as much after working there for so many hours each week.

Well, yeah...there's that.
I guess you kinda have to go in knowing that you're not going to please everyone and be OK with that. Your feeling toward this is totally understandable, especially considering how many times you have been to the park and seen it in virtually every possible scenario. For me, I guess I'm a little weird...I find myself to be very curious about the "other side" of things, and that part of it fascinated me and fueled my desire to be able to be a part of it. Working during the haunt season stoked that curiosity even further. I'm one of those guys who really enjoy looking at the attraction walkthroughs on "darkinthepark.com". Doing those kind of walkthroughs on all of the haunt attractions before the guests arrived was part of my job, so that was a cool little spiff.
Hooky965

Postby LPFan93 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 pm

I had a group interview (for games) the first of the 3 years I worked there and there were 10+ people who got hired.
LPFan93

Postby dorneyparkrules » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:05 pm

I have got the job at Dorney for rides
2013- Thunder Canyon
dorneyparkrules

Postby Hooky965 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:31 pm

congrats & good luck. Let us know where you land.
Hooky965

Postby zzahn1797 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 am

Anyone know how they pick who gets to run each ride?
zzahn1797

Postby dorneyparkrules » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 am

I am at Thunder Canyon. They usally ask what ride they you would like then if that ride is full they ask the rides that have a open spot
2013- Thunder Canyon
dorneyparkrules

Previous

Return to General Discussion