Dominator With New Light Package?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Dominator With New Light Package?

Postby DorneyPark5 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Dorney has said on april 2nd, dominator will light up blue for the "Light It Up Blue" event which is for the organization Autism Speaks. Lots of buildings around allentown and lehigh valley will also be lighted up blue for this event on April 2nd. And a question for this, is do you think they are going to add a new light package for this year since they added blue to dominator? or is it going to stay blue for the rest of this year? And what do you think?
DorneyPark5

Re: Dominator With New Light Package?

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:57 pm

I know nothing about what they plan on doing but I have thought for a long time that they should do something else to Dominator's illumination. There are so many options out there so maybe one day they will.
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby coasterluver » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Thats exactly what the night skyline needs! Some amazing lighting... :)

On a personal side note... I am so excited that Dorney has teamed up with Autism Speaks. I have been fundraising for the walk for all my life and its amazing that two of my biggest passions are joining.
coasterluver

Postby Kozmo 1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:54 am

New lights on Dominator would be nice, or in other places too. I wish they would have originaly gone with chasers all the way up the towers instead of just spot lights.

Musik Express would be such a cool light show if they got that refurbished too. They seem like they're usualy like removing light features rather than adding them. So many oppurtunities:

-New lights/tower lights on Sea Dragon, it needs paint anyway, so why not get the newer style lights.
-Car lights fixed on Enterprise
-Chasers on Revolution, again don't know why they only put spot lights on that
-Hangtime lights hooked back up
-Thunderhawk chasers brought back

Sure there's more...
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby randydorney » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:41 am

This could confirm of what I saw awhile back in January 15, 2013.

Here's the picture of that night when they were testing the lights:

Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby coasterluver » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:33 pm

I just saw them tonight. The whole tower was lit up. Should have taken a picture. Maybe its because of my personal relationship to the cause, but I found it breathtaking. Does anyone know if they plan to keep the lights blue all season?
coasterluver

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:36 am

Saw it too. Looked good, hope they keep the blue all season, or color changing would be best. What was it doing last year? Changing every minute or so like it did back in the day? Or was it just one color the entire year?
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby randydorney » Wed May 01, 2013 1:14 am

In 2000, it was changing every minute. Then I believe they stopped (corrected me if I'm wrong), in 2003 they changed over to the spot lights.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
randydorney

Postby Fun » Wed May 01, 2013 10:17 pm

I drove by tonight and now it's not blue anymore. Almost kinda looks pinkish. It was yellow before, right?
Fun

Postby randydorney » Sat May 04, 2013 12:31 am

Yeah @Fun. During the summer season, the lights would be yellow.
randydorney

Return to General Discussion