2013 Coasting For Kids for GKTW

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

2013 Coasting For Kids for GKTW

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:00 am

Hey everyone. So I have decided to participate again in the Cedar Fair Coasting For Kids fundraiser. This will be my second year being involved with this and over the past year that I have been a part of GKTW, I have realized the importance of getting more people involved. Please take a few minutes to visit my page and to see what this is all about. If you can find it in your hearts to make a donation for the children, it would mean the world to me. Thanks so much!

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/m ... eyPark2013

Matt
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Re: 2013 Coasting For Kids for GKTW

Postby coasterluver » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:53 pm

What is the event? What happens that day? Always wanted to participate.
coasterluver

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 pm

For this event, we participants spend weeks and months ahead of time raising money for Give Kids The World, to help them with their expansion project and to help them cover the cost of operating. GKTW provides children with life threatening illnesses and their families, an all expenses paid trip to central Florida and all of the Orlando resorts in an effort to provide these children and families something that they have been robbed of, the chance to live a normal life and just be a kid. After funds are raised, participants go to DP before opening on the event day and have one train of Steel Force reserved just for us to ride all day. You only get off when you want or need to. With everyone wearing the same fundraising shirts and when other patrons wonder what is going on... the talking begins. This helps create awareness of what we are standing for and sends a powerful message to thousands of people at each park throughout the day. Your lunch and admission for the day are provided in your initial donation. This really is a wonderful event for a very important cause. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awsb3QbUI1c

Again, anyone who can help donate to my fundraiser or wish to participate in this, please do so. This is something that is bigger than you or me and a little goes a long way. Thanks!
N_Dub04Gli

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:56 pm

So, the Coasting For Kids event at Dorney is less than three days away. This is for a great cause so I was hoping that maybe some of you DPO users would be interested in contributing a little. Every little bit helps and this is for a charity where you can feel comfortable and confident that the money is not going towards someone's salary. Thanks for your consideration!
N_Dub04Gli

Return to General Discussion