Dorney Park being Sued

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Dorney Park being Sued

Postby coasterluver » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 am

Found this article interesting. More and more bad news for a new ride I'm guessing.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional- ... index.html
coasterluver

Re: Dorney Park being Sued

Postby PepsiFan01 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:54 pm

It is a shame this young lady lost her life. However, as I recall, this accident happened on a day when the park was not opened in September. She was walking in a dangerous area on the on ramp to I-78 E very early in the morning before sunrise, around 5:30 a.m. It was an accident, the driver wasn't charged, and this was not Dorney's fault. The article that said she was staying at the Comfort Suites, can anyone confirm? Was she walking toward the Bieber Bus?

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh- ... or_de.html
PepsiFan01

Postby Hooky965 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm

If my memory serves me correctly, one of the questions asked during the interview process was along the lines of "do you have access to reliable transportation?"

While I understand that foreign nationals who work the park during peak times typically don't own said transportation in this country, I think that the question pretty much speaks for itself. Unless there was some kind of transportation deal in place between the park and these employees which was not upheld by the park (which I doubt very much because as far as I know, the park doesn't operate worker shuttles), the park can't be held libel. It cannot be held responsible for anything outside of the property because it has no control outside the gates. This comment is not intended to be viewed as callous to the fact that a park employee who was in this country specifically for the purpose of working at the park, met a tragic fate while in the employ of Dorney Park. Rather, it's simply unfounded to think that unfortunate and terrible events which happen to park employees in their off-hours can be traced back to the park itself. If that was the case, there are probably a myriad of cases where employees who have vehicles were involved in accidents of one kind or another on their way to or from the park for their shift.

I just can't see this one standing up in a court of law.
Hooky965

Postby dorneydude » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:10 pm

sounds like a tough lawsuite to win unless there is something we don't know.

We do know a lot about the chaos on rt 222...I can see them loosing one there.
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Return to General Discussion