Stinger Makes the News again!

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Stinger Makes the News again!

Postby nathanaelerik » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:48 am

This would be why I get off possessed, walk right past stinger, and head straight for steel force.

I really do feel bad skipping stinger, because dorney park really did take A LOT of effort to make this POS look nice and try to fit it in to the park. But its just too rough and unreliable.. NOT risking it, and I prefer NOT to have a migraine.
nathanaelerik

Postby Yoshi » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:53 pm

I just read on another site that Stinger has been stuck for at least 30 miutes with riders, from the picture it looks like it vallied between the loop and the 2nd lift.
Yoshi

Postby djw44 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:02 pm

The state should revoke the operation license for the ride. If they cause one more incident, they should tell the park not to operate until they get their act together.
djw44

Postby Hauntguy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:00 pm

^Even better, they should just knock it down. The money is gone and wasted, the only thing you can do with a sunk cost is remove it. I always thought a second kids area down in that lower end of the park would be perfect since that end of the park has lacked kids rides since Tot Spot was gone.
Hauntguy

Postby Yoshi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:02 pm

It wouldn't cost that much to do that either. Little Laser, Balloon Race and some other rides are in the boneyard. They could easily add a few rides in that area even temporarily. I guess it would go against their whole "park in a park" marketing they went with saying Planet Snoopy is its own park by having 2 kiddie ride areas though.
Yoshi

Postby Dorneyman27 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:37 pm

I think that all the small rides were removed because they actually have plans to more effectively use that land. Whether it be a Windseeker, new coaster, or something else, we will have to wait and see.
Dorneyman27

Previous

Return to General Discussion