Dorney Park 2014

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Dorney Park 2014

Postby PepsiFan01 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Sounds interesting but I am bummed about Riptide Run leaving. I always liked it.
PepsiFan01

Postby ISIParksBlog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Hey Folks,

Wow, I'm glad you liked the map I quickly came up with.
I'm Carrie, the writer and editor of "InSanity lurks Inside" which is a theme park and amusement park blog. I'm reaching out because you not only linked to me but also because I'd like your help with something. I'm not super familiar with WWK personally, having only been once (I admit, I'm not a huge waterpark fan).

Would someone please be kind enough to point out to me what is being removed and where exactly on the map it's located?
I like to try and keep my information as accurate and up-to-date as possible. This lets me report properly and keeps park fans happy! Plus my resident Dorney Park expert (aka my husband) isn't 100% sure on the location of what's being removed either.

:D
Thank you ALL very much in advance!
Carrie of ISI
ISIParksBlog

Postby pc215 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Snake Pit will be the same slide complex as Predators Plunge at Worlds of Fun. The pictures are the exact same as that one.
pc215

Postby SnowManPA » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:37 pm

pc215 wrote:Yea sad that the pool will be replaced with run out lanes. I guess since they have had several incidents where people didnt expect to land in a pool and nearly drowned. Ive seen it happen before especially with the kids.

When I was a lifeguard in the 90's a lot of my saves were in shallow water, like lighting falls, Hydro tubes, and body slides, besides the old Jumpin Jack (Deep), it's very common.
SnowManPA

Postby Dorneyman27 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:33 pm

According to 69 news, 8 million dollars will be spent on Wildwater Kingdom for 2014. 4.5 million for the slide complex and 3.5 for general improvements, which I think would include an Island Waterworks update. New electronic lockers, changing areas, and an expanded food selection will also be added. The GM said, according to the article, everything in the waterpark will be improved upon. Looks exciting! I will miss Riptide Run, but these changes will be worth it.
Dorneyman27

Postby Yoshi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:58 pm

I hope it's not the same electronic lockers Six Flags has where you enter a combination of numbers you choose. There has been some problems with theft where all someone has to do is watch you enter the number and they can open your locker. It became such a problem that they now have security cameras at all the locker areas and have signs up telling you to cover the keypad when you enter your code.
Yoshi

Postby dptalon135 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:28 pm

It's good to hear there are other improvements are being made throughout WWK. It really needs some renovating.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby nathanaelerik » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:57 am

While I am bummed that I wont be able to enjoy these new additions because I never go to WWK, these additions were expected and its just NICE to see something, hmm how do we say.... NOT USED, being put in. Could be a very good sign for the future. For both sides of the park.

We also could see a minor addition yet to the ride side, you never know. Doubtful though.

But overall, nicely done DP and Cedar Fair.
nathanaelerik

Postby Hauntguy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:28 pm

It is definitely a nice addition, maybe we will see more of an expansion in later years when the new parking lot is fully built and tested to see how much capacity it is capable of. I am really interested to see what the bottom part of the park by Dinos has to offer. If there is construction activity going on next year down there and Dinos is removed then 2014 will definitely be an interesting year to see if this 2015 wooden coaster is true or not. The way I look at it, getting nothing for this year and spending 8 million on WWK should mean something big will be coming to Dorney soon.
Hauntguy

Postby randydorney » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:48 pm

ISIParksBlog wrote:Hey Folks,

Wow, I'm glad you liked the map I quickly came up with.
I'm Carrie, the writer and editor of "InSanity lurks Inside" which is a theme park and amusement park blog. I'm reaching out because you not only linked to me but also because I'd like your help with something. I'm not super familiar with WWK personally, having only been once (I admit, I'm not a huge waterpark fan).

Would someone please be kind enough to point out to me what is being removed and where exactly on the map it's located?
I like to try and keep my information as accurate and up-to-date as possible. This lets me report properly and keeps park fans happy! Plus my resident Dorney Park expert (aka my husband) isn't 100% sure on the location of what's being removed either.

:D
Thank you ALL very much in advance!
Carrie of ISI

Hey Carrie, maybe this image that I've created could help you understand it more. Hope this helps! :)

Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby MarinersMunchies » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:54 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm sorry about talking up additions that didn't happen. I passed along info from my neighbor (aka drinking buddy) who has worked at the park since the 90's. I'll continue to pass along info as it becomes available, but as always, take it with a grain of salt. Regardless, water works will get some TLC but thats it.
MarinersMunchies

Postby bretizamazing » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 am

Besides from Snake Pit I think Hydra is going to be repainted. I remember a little over a year ago Mr.McClure said that Hydra was on his list to be painted, but they would paint smaller rides (Wild Mouse) in 2013.
bretizamazing

Postby Yoshi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:09 pm

2014 Season Pass prices went up to $114 today
Yoshi

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:00 am

I already renewed at $108 but I REALLY wish that Dorney would have a reduced renewal rate for those who have been loyal and continue to buy these passes every year. I miss the days of season passes for around $90 or less...
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby MarinersMunchies » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Ive had season passes since the mid 90s. There are years i never go once and i don't complain about the prices. Ill mail a $20 bill for you to never complain about prices again.
MarinersMunchies

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion