Fast Pay-Nice Convenience or Stupid Addition?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Fast Pay-Nice Convenience or Stupid Addition?

Postby coasterluver » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 pm

One of the things the park is really pushing out this summer is the new Fast Pay program, which is being tested at Dorney to see if it would work at all Cedar Fair parks, similar to how Fast Lane was tested at KI. What I wanted to know was, have any of you actually used it, and is it really worth getting? Is it nice or just plain dumb? Any opinions?
coasterluver

Re: Fast Pay-Nice Convenience or Stupid Addition?

Postby Yoshi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:46 pm

I saw it and it looks good for a family who is going to spend a lot in the park (since you get a 10% discount the first time you add funds to the system) especially if they are going to the waterpark. I haven't used it and don't plan to since the only time I spend money in the park is when I go to WWK and get a locker and once in a while I go to the arcade and spend a few dollars on tokens.
Yoshi

Postby PepsiFan01 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:24 pm

It doesn't seem like the type of thing that is going to be huge.
PepsiFan01

Postby nathanaelerik » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:52 am

I dont really believe it stands out as a positive thing or a negative thing. I think its just going to be there.. as an option for people. I personally wont ever use it.
nathanaelerik

Postby pc215 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:13 am

I used the Fast Pay for the first time yesterday just to try it out. I have to say that it is not the greatest thing to use. I purchased one from the machine at the front of the park leading to WWK. I added $60 to the pass which I thought would be a good amount to spend at WWK. As soon as the band printed, I tried to scan it to check the balance. Of course the band would'nt scan at the machine. Went over to the gift shop at WWK where they do Fast Pay so that they can check my balance. The balance showed $55. I explained how much I put in the machine and that it should be more with the 10% added. Of course no one knew what to do and they sent me over to Guest Services. At this point I am really frustrated and upset because I had to stand in a long line on one of the hottest days of the year over a simple wristband. After waiting for about 20 mins in line I get to the window and explained the issue to the girl. 15mins later they gave me a new band with the 10% added which came up to $66. Basically what I want to say here is that I was not happy with this. I didnt even use the whole $66 the whole day at the park. So my question is, Can i use the remaining balance another day?? Being a season pass holder for several years I am not happy with the parks operations this year. It seems like the employees need more training because most do not know what to do. I wouldnt recommend using Fast pay unless you are using it for WWK only!!
pc215

Postby coasterluver » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:17 am

I personally would always say to purchase the Fast Pay wristband from a person, not a machine. You can always go to Guest Services, any gift shop, the Fast Lane Carts, or the ticket booth designated as "Fast Lane/Fast Pay" to get them in person. Doing that would insure you get the right amount.
pc215 wrote: So my question is, Can i use the remaining balance another day??
Yes. If you got the one time use band, you can just cut it off, save it, and go to any of the places mentioned earlier with the old band and they can give you a new one.
coasterluver

Postby nathanaelerik » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:49 am

Definitely sounds like a hassle... Ill avoid for future visits.
nathanaelerik

Postby MarinersMunchies » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:05 pm

As a parent i see the value in this. As someone who would visit the park on a hot summer day and spend a lot of time in the waterpark i see the value in it. As a business I would see the value in offering conveniences to my guest. As a young park fan I would like to be indifferent but the thought that this took precident over some addition i would fine exciting would piss me off. Souns like a lot of you fall into the later.
MarinersMunchies

Return to General Discussion