Dorney Park Management

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Dorney Park Management

Postby Dorneyman27 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:54 pm

I was exploring this entire site this past weekend looking through all the topics since the beginning of your site and I found some very interesting things. I came across the official Stinger announcement for 2012 and watched it on youtube, and I found it interesting the park general manager and PR person have only been with the park for about 5 years. That would date that back to 2006. I am curious about who used to be part of management before 2006. Is that why we got record breaking coasters with Steel Force and Talon and a bunch of other rides? What happened to the prior management? Since this new management in 2006, it seems like they are out of touch with what frequent park visitors want, and the competition as well. Or is our recent additions of used rides and nothing this year because of Cedar Fair management? I don't know of anyone knows this, but how have attendance numbers changed over the years since Cedar Fair acquired Dorney Park?
Dorneyman27

Re: Dorney Park Management

Postby PepsiFan01 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:41 pm

After GM John Albino left in '03, there was a revolving door of GMs for a time. John Hildebrant in '04 for one year before going to Cedar Point, Greg Scheid for one year after that, Jim Yeager for a few before leaving in the middle of '08, and now the current one Jason McClure since then. The PR people have changed with some frequency lately too I believe.

I don't think DP management is out of touch as much as they are at the mercy of what Cedar Fair dictates "what will be" to them. I think DP would like to have more control, but what can they do?

As far as attendance, it has grown since Cedar Fair acquired Dorney, very much so. I think we'd all like to see better additions since lately it hasn't been too exciting, but credit has to go to Cedar Fair for helping make DP stronger in the early days of their ownership.
PepsiFan01

Postby coasterluver » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:33 pm

PepsiFan01 wrote:The PR people have changed with some frequency lately too I believe.
The PR person this year and last year has been Carrie Basta.
coasterluver

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Other than Albino's pretty long run, yeah it's been a revolving door of GMs. People either retiring or moving on to bigger and better parks when openings come up.

And as stated, I don't think the management at the park has little if any say in expansions.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Return to General Discussion