Park Dead Ends

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Park Dead Ends

Postby Hauntguy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:55 pm

I was thinking today about parts of the park that has awful dead ends and what they could ever do them. The first thing that came to my mind was behind Demon Drop. Its such a shame that the historic fountain surrounded by a beautiful shaded area is in such a dead beat part of the park. So I was wondering, what would you guys put at the former Speedway entrance to revitalize that area of the park?
Hauntguy

Re: Park Dead Ends

Postby dptalon135 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Well, for starters, I would get rid of Demon Drop. Useless ride, and it created two dead ends. I think that corner of the park would be a nice spot for a restaurant along the water, or a dark ride in place of speedway. Nice and quiet too so the neighbors can't complain.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:49 pm

I like that idea, a dark ride has been a ride I have wanted to see added to the park for a while.
Yoshi

Postby Dorneyman27 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Well, I actually like Demon Drop. I was able to ride it in two different parks, so that is something special to me. I think they do have plans for the old speedway section because that was removed this year and Swan boats was removed last year. The fence blocking that area is only a temporary fence, so if they were just not going to use the land then they would have put in a permanent fence. I think that the 2014 rumored flat ride could go back there.
Dorneyman27

Postby PepsiFan01 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:20 pm

dptalon135 wrote:Well, for starters, I would get rid of Demon Drop. Useless ride, and it created two dead ends. I think that corner of the park would be a nice spot for a restaurant along the water, or a dark ride in place of speedway. Nice and quiet too so the neighbors can't complain.

I like the ideas! I think Demon Drop was the worst addition of the "used rides" wave we've been getting.
PepsiFan01

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:45 pm

To expand on those ideas, how about using a historical theme on them to fit in with the fountain? Castle Gardens for the restaurant, Solomon's Mansion for the haunted dark ride?

I'm having too much fun with this. Maybe I'll have to do a whole master plan for the park.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:14 pm

I like those ideas, I've always thought of a nice Restaurant down in that corner I would like a Snoopy V. Red Baron themed dark ride.

Maybee at this point they'll just wait until Demon Drop is ready to be scrapped before doing much down there, I also wonder if TCM will be around much longer.

The other bad dead end is the Ferris Wheel area. I wish they would put something decent in the Paratrooper site and also replace the Chance Carrousel. Why do they still need 2 carrousels that are practicaly right next to each other? The Flyers would fit great into the either the Carousel or Paratrooper site and then just find another flat ride, idealy you should have some what of a big draw for the Paratrooper spot to draw people down there.

Another great idea would be to bring back the Flying Dutchman to that area, relocate the Ferris Wheel and remove the Carousel. I've wondered why there weren't any modern versions of the Zyklon/Wildcat style coasters around. The Mouse coasters are very common now, and I think the Dutchman style layouts are way better.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby nathanaelerik » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Another perfect place for a flat ride is the old Joker place...

Bring the Joker back (i wish) or add something else there. I know im always complaining about this spot but its a useless path. They even removed the smoking spot from it. Like, why...? :roll:
nathanaelerik

Postby njr140 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:26 pm

First time poster here, I've been reading for a while but finally decided to post.

I think Dorney is not the park that should have gotten Demon Drop. I would love for it to be moved. Where might you ask? Michigan's Adventure. MiA has almost no thrill rides. They don't have a drop ride and it really needs one.
njr140

Postby MarinersMunchies » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Start researching "time machine" and keep us updated on your progress.
MarinersMunchies

Return to General Discussion