Night Time Entertainment

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Night Time Entertainment

Postby Dorneyman27 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:13 pm

I know we were supposed to get fireworks this year, but that failed. I notice that most of the other Cedar Fair parks have night time entertainment to keep guests at the park longer. That makes sense, so could it be possible that we get something else like a Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular next year? It is lights strung across trees and bushes. There is also a snoopy themed soundtrack playing. I saw the King's Island version in 2010. It was very popular with guests of all types of ages strolling through enjoying the lights. I think Planet Snoopy would the perfect place if Dorney Park got it. Cedar Point's Luminosity looks really cool too. I don't know if that would get approved but I think that would be a very popular show for our park. Maybe they could put it in the grassy area next to Thunder Canyon if that would be big enough. I remember McClure saying that he wants the Dorney Park experience to be like the other Cedar Fair parks, so he probably meant he wants the park to have night time entertainment.
Dorneyman27

Re: Night Time Entertainment

Postby dptalon135 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:26 pm

This is something the park has needed badly ever since they retired the laser light show. However, it won't be in the area behind Thunder Canyon - there are houses just beyond the trees there, and they will complain about pretty much anything the park would want to build there.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby coasterluver » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:13 pm

The Snoopy Starlight Spectacular sounds like a good kind of addition. It doesn't sound like its a huge cost either...
coasterluver

Postby dorneydude » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:58 am

seams to me once the park would prefer folks lv earlier rather than last minute....am I wrong?
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Return to General Discussion