Dorney Park 2015

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Dorney Park 2015

Postby nathanaelerik » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:22 am

Sadly, Stinger doesn't appear to be leaving at least for a few years. However I dont get with all the bad press on the ride that they don't get rid of it anyway. But I was at WWK for a few hours yesterday, an there was a huge lift at the top of the first drop and they seem pretty insistent on fixing it.

I agree on the coaster idea as well, i think the earliest we'll see a new coaster is 2016. Dorney really needs a new coaster.
nathanaelerik

Postby mandylouwho » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:20 pm

With the removal of rip tide, they have taken yet another option for families with kids out. I have three, and while they like the kid areas and all, they are a little too old for those and too young for snake pit type rides. Every "family friendly ride" you have to be over 48 inches for, and not all kids are that tall. We spend max an hour in the water park. Between the wave pool and a couple small slides, its all they are interested in (They are 9,9 and 6). We spend most of our time on the D side. I would really love to see them do something with the old space they set up for the pay as you go cars by Steel Force as well as the Dinos. In 2 years, we walked through it twice, and while the kids liked it, it seems like they spent a whole ton of money on something that's good for one time charlies. That whole area could be an awesome woddie/new kid area. Planet snoopy is fun, and my kids love it, but coming from my perspective, intermediate rides are a must have and there ain't much. :wink: People scramble for the wild mouse, since its the only intermediate coaster in the park (If you don't count Thunderhawk).

I wish they would take a lesson from BG and water country. Things need to be evened out.
~Mandy
"If you can't think of something nice to say, come sit by me."
mandylouwho

Postby Hauntguy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:47 pm

According the Cedar Fair report on NPN, several parks across the chain will planning on announcing their new attractions within the coming weeks. Looks like we won't have to wait much longer. This year seems like one of the first years in a long time where no rumors were leaked on what could potentially come next year.
Hauntguy

Postby Yoshi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Cedar Fair is removing Sky Rider from Canada's Wonderland. I hope they just end up using the ride parts for Shockwave at King's Dominion since they are clones. Hopefully there is no chance of it being relocated to Dorney.
Yoshi

Postby pc215 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Hopefully we will get an announcement this week for Dorney's 130th Anniversary. It will be nice to finally hear something.
pc215

Postby pc215 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:37 am

I found this latest article about 2015 Attractions. http://touch.mcall.com/#section/-1/arti ... -81097554/ Hershey Park and Knoebel's will both get new coasters next year. Dorney seems to be holding off on any type of announcement. Has anyone heard any news lately??
pc215

Postby Hauntguy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:44 pm

I find it funny how the local media is even recognizing how we haven't gotten a new coaster since Hydra in 2005. Maybe this will be some sort of wake up call.
Hauntguy

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:16 am

I'm excited about Lafftrak at Hershey. Now Hershey will have 4 major coasters for kids at the 42" mark. While Dorney doesn't have any. Closest being Wild Mouse at I think 44".

I agree about needing to have intermediate stuff that kids can ride with their parents. All Dorney really has is spinning stuff which I really hate riding anymore since they make me sick.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby mandylouwho » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:56 am

Kozmo-Its one of the reasons Im thinking of buying season passes for Hershey Instead in 2015. :?

My kids LOVE trailblazer and the mega coasters there are incredible. We loved our Hershey AND knobels trip this year.

While we love Dorney, they just don't get that excited about the Woodstock express anymore. :wink:
~Mandy
mandylouwho

Postby nathanaelerik » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:26 pm

Just announced via dorneyparks twitter:

Old for 2015, the all wheel stunt show will be back!

:roll:

Come on, something new.. Dorney Park is turning into a pathetic excuse for a park. I've come to feel strongly about it after reading that mcall article about it being 10 years since hydra was built...
nathanaelerik

Postby mandylouwho » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Are you kidding me?

I saw it this year again, and again, and while my kids love it, it was the same show as last year.

Sheesh.
~Mandy
mandylouwho

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:10 pm

mandylouwho wrote:Kozmo-Its one of the reasons Im thinking of buying season passes for Hershey Instead in 2015. :?

My kids LOVE trailblazer and the mega coasters there are incredible. We loved our Hershey AND knobels trip this year.

While we love Dorney, they just don't get that excited about the Woodstock express anymore. :wink:

And Hershey has Woodstock's Express now too lol. It's so cool the kids can get on Comet and SDL at 42" too.
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:11 pm

mandylouwho wrote:Are you kidding me?

I saw it this year again, and again, and while my kids love it, it was the same show as last year.

Sheesh.

I don't have an intrest in any shows like this...the Snoopy shows were good though, wish they were back.
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby mandylouwho » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Kozmo 1 wrote:And Hershey has Woodstock's Express now too lol. It's so cool the kids can get on Comet and SDL at 42" too.

Yea the Cocoa express or something or other. Same exact thing, yeah. :lol:
~Mandy
mandylouwho

Postby jscll » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:07 pm

New for next year is the season dining plan, a new way the park has found for us to spend money. The bad news for the park is they will probably loose money off of me. I will probably us it for fifty or so meals, and at $99 (for platinum passes, single park $90), this is quite a steal.

Of course, drinks will probably not be included, so they will make another $10-$15 dollars on souvenir bottles, plus refill fees. Hopefully Cedar Fair will be kind enough to offer a discounted drink plan that could be added on to season passes, kind of like the souvenir bottles, but without a bottle. My reason for wanting this is because I refuse to carry or bring anything with me into an amusement park that will not fit into my cargo pockets. (Much easier at parks like Cedar Point, Kings Island and Canada's Wonderland witch finally started no loose articles on select major rides.)

If I only have the option of a cup I have to hold on to or the normal -- near as makes no difference -- $5 large soda, I would take a free water. Also, at least as of to date, souvenir bottles are only good at the park of purchase, leaving $5 beverages or free water as the only option while patronizing other parks in the chain.

Cedar Fair needs to proof read things on their websites, as evidenced in the following screen shot: https://flic.kr/p/oCsPaz
jscll

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion