Dorney Park 2015

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Dorney Park 2015

Postby pc215 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:16 am

Ive noticed on the Dorney Park 2015 season pass page that Dinosaurs Alive will be included once again for Season Pass holders. This could be alittle dissapointing for any chance of a new coaster in that area. Then again they do have that whole new area that was purchased a few years ago. We still cant put our hopes down for any type of new ride.
pc215

Postby nathanaelerik » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:38 pm

While I DO NOT have any official sources,.. I did read somewhere that their contract for dinos alive ends anywhere between 2016 and 2018. I dont know if each park is different, but if dorneys contract with the dinos is up in 2016, we could finally see them taken out and a new coaster put back there.

I just hope they leave revolution in, as weak as it is, I enjoy those type of rides.

I went through Dino's Alive ONE time, the first year it was opened. It was cool, yea. But worth going through multiple times? No.. This was just another mistake.

And with stinger down most the season, what is everyone's thoughts on that? I foresee her coming down within the next 2 years.
nathanaelerik

Postby SnowManPA » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:57 pm

I know everyone is eager for 2015, but I feel that DP 2015 will be a letdown. They spent a lot of money in there Waterpark and DP is not a park that will come out swinging again. This will be a general park improvement year, new food, paint, upgrades and etc.
SnowManPA

Postby dp45879 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Things to note:
-Most meals at food locations do already come with a beverage
-I've heard that the contract for Dinos is still good until about 2017
dp45879

Postby jscll » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 pm

First off, in relation to the Dinos, never trust the lemon chill guy. If you do not know what I am talking about http://pointbuzz.com/c/Lemon-Chill-Guy.aspx.

Next, I do not know what comes with the meals on the dining plans, and they may differ compared to a normal purchase. In my previous comment, I was guessing based on the pilot programs at two other Cedar Fair parks and Six Flags program. Since I am making some assumptions, I might be completely wrong. I hope the park will include drinks in the plan, but I will not be getting my hopes up.

And lastly, while on the subject of making guesses, I am going to guess that what Dorney will get next year will be a family water play area. Yes, they have Island Water Works (still needs some water effects fixed) and they have kids play areas, but they are lacking in the entire family activity section. If they are getting this, I do not anticipating it to be the only addition since the three parks that have announced a family play area so far -- Worlds of fun, Canada's Wonderland, and Kings Dominion -- are all getting other additions as well.

P.S. Worlds of Fun has announced they are getting swan boats. How much does anyone want to bet they are a transplant from Dorney? :wink:
jscll

Postby mandylouwho » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:10 am

The really do need kid areas in both sections, not just the water area, and in the water side, where would they put it? I imagine they would need to remove something, much like Rip Tide was removed (RIP :( ).

They need to bring back another kiddie area. And we need a intermediate coaster!! The lines for wild mouse are insanity.
~Mandy
"If you can't think of something nice to say, come sit by me."
mandylouwho

Postby nathanaelerik » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:28 pm

They either need to operate the wild mouse like it should be run, or get rid of it and put another family style coaster in. Like maybe one of those junior boomerangs? I dont know how well they run or their height limit tho... or if itd even fit there.

I still think tot spot should not of been removed. They should redo tot spot, with all brand new rides down there along the strip like they used to be.
nathanaelerik

Postby coasterluver » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:26 pm

If you look at Tony Clark's (the PR guy for CP) twitter, you'll see his, "list of things to do to Cedar Point". I couldn't help but shiver as I saw, "relocate Mantis" on the list as I can imagine that coming to us... oh lets hope not...
coasterluver

Postby nathanaelerik » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:07 pm

can you link that? I cant seem to find it lol.. im not good with twitter.
nathanaelerik

Postby Yoshi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:28 pm

https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/media

Looks like a joke to me with the other items on the list like purchase AquaTrax. Parks adding an AquaTrax has been a long running joke on some coaster sites for years. There were also rumors of Mantis being converted to a floorless coaster.
Yoshi

Postby coasterluver » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:47 am

So Cedar Point announced that they are going to remove Mantis, and right after that, Dorney posted "excited to hear @JasonMcClureCP and @cedarpoint make a big announcement today at noon! #DPstandsUPwithCP".
coasterluver

Postby The Revenge » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:28 pm

Ya I thought it was a joke too but looks like its really leaving. Possibly coming to Dorney? Who knows.

Or perhaps turning into a floorless? In this case goodbye is easy? Ever wonder why you're not supposed to step on a Mantis? Idk at this point.
The Revenge

Postby RollerBabe » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:05 pm

It's not coming to Dorney. That's a pretty big undertaking and we haven't seen any signs of construction yet.

As for the floorless conversion, that makes more sense. With all the rumors of CP getting a dark ride next year I think its a great way to rebrand an existing coaster for additional marketing opportunities.
RollerBabe

Postby nathanaelerik » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks for the link.

It is odd that Dorney is helping Cedar Point promote and "celebrate?" the whole mantis and announcement thing.

Isnt Mantis too big for dorney?
nathanaelerik

Postby The Revenge » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Actually it isn't that big of an undertaking just relocating a ride. If it was build into the terrain from scratch I would say yes, but they could easily just pop it somewhere. Or pull a Dominator at Kings Dominion and just throw it into the parking lot with rumors or parking expansion for years. I mean Green Lantern at great adventure is basically the same ride just thrown into an empty spot. So as far as it being a big undertaking I think it doesn't involve as much prep as you may think.

I am not sure Dorney will be getting it anyway they may just change it to floorless which is kinda weird if you ask me lol. But I just find it funny that out of all the parks in the chain Dorney is the only one to help promote Mantis being "squashed". And even hash tagged Dorney Park stands up with Cedar Point. Like that just sounds strange.
The Revenge

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion