Dorney Park 2015

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Dorney Park 2015

Postby The Revenge » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Wow randydorney concept 1 never crossed my mind that actually makes so much more sense to only have the lift hill run into the woods. Ive seen a post on another site of concept 2 and thought that would be how they would lay it out (if it were to come to Dorney) and that it would cause a lot of tree removal. But concept 1 is actually pretty awesome having the ride lift towards Dorney Park road and most of the layout on already open land. I just hate the fact that most all their coasters are stacked on top of each other. Looks so six flags like to just have coasters all popped next to each other. If it opened up an opportunity to revamp that mid way and add flats and games and food etc, then Id be all for it. Not that I really want Mantis anyway but if we had to have it at least do it the right way.

But this is all speculation, its probably staying at Cedar Point we have to wait till October 19 to find out. Although Tony Clark did tweet "you have 13 days to ride Mantis before it leaves our ride line up forever"
The Revenge

Postby mandylouwho » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:10 pm

I know there is a lot of talk of coasters and I think another coaster would be a great idea.

My take on 2015 would/should be:

Adding a mid range coaster would be a great idea.(trailblazer type from Hershey) There is no other family section what so ever. Kidsiderate rides need to be added....think Busch Gardens little Italy perchance.

Wind seeker is a dead idea yes? Say yes? Do we need that headache of high wind emergency stops?

I think a sky tower like Caro(and some other CP parks have) would be a great add on, not to mention the clearing for a 2016 coaster. Perhaps something similar to the Griffon in BG or a racing woody.

I think a skyride/winding train should be added as well. I know there used to be a skyride. I think it should be re-added with stops near hydra, one near stinker )I mean stinger), and one near the wp. (Where I don't know).

I think enterprise should be sold, as well as Apollo and one of these spots should hold a tower. The other can actually have a ride similar to slingshot.

Don't hate me because Im awesome. Hugs.
~Mandy
"If you can't think of something nice to say, come sit by me."
mandylouwho

Postby nathanaelerik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:52 am

Selling Apollo and Enterprise is a bad idea.

You're all for family oriented/kid friendly type rides, and while i dont know the height requirement on it, Apollo is a great thrill ride thats kid friendly. Apollo is a great stepping stone ride, because to the younger ones it looks impressive but also isnt extreme.
nathanaelerik

Postby mandylouwho » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:02 pm

I said that because I heard they were getting rid of it. Im STILL trying to get my kids on that ride. No one will go. :roll:
~Mandy
mandylouwho

Postby nathanaelerik » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Where are all these random ride removals coming from?

Stinger (which could be believable), apollo, enterprise.
nathanaelerik

Postby The Revenge » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Ya mandylouwho your post seem to be more so your own personal predictions for Dorney's future which we actually have a forum discussing here: http://dorneyonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2181

Instead of actual clues or hints at what could seriously be coming for the 2015 season.
The Revenge

Postby RollerBabe » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:05 am

I was told by someone at Cedarfair (I knew her a decade ago and she's since moved on to other parks in the chain) that Scorpion won't make it past the end of 2015. Safety, repair costs, and lower than expected numbers at the gate all factor in.

I also heard a rumor that the park is really considering upgrading the Speed Slides. Not sure if this is a complete revamp (structure and all) but the idea of simply replacing the slides with newer ones and Drop Tubes has been discussed. All I know is that this is the lone slide tower from the original WWK days and its had its day in the sun. The one time I went on it this summer you could see and feel the entire structure shifting. Wasn't a very comforting feeling.
RollerBabe

Postby nathanaelerik » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Okay, All rumors I hear from you I dont take seriously, sorry. The ride, is called STINGER.

But I think removal is going to happen eventually, but not as soon as we hoped.
nathanaelerik

Postby mandylouwho » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:27 pm

Lemon Ice guy?

And yes, those were OPINIONS. Not what's going to happen. I have three kids and a job, I didn't get a chance to call Cedar Fair this week, sorry.

My goodness.
~Mandy
mandylouwho

Postby MarinersMunchies » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:13 am

Based on just how sad the park feels once you pass Possessed, I agree that Stinger has to go. I'm sure park management loses a little pride as they walk around that current piece of the property.

I also agreed with the comment about the Speed Slides. I was waiting in line this summer on a windy day and the entire tower was moving. My brother was in line with me and honestly wanted to get off out of fear. If we weren't so close to the top I would've join him.
MarinersMunchies

Postby SnowManPA » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:31 am

Those are new Speed Slides, the original Speed Slides were light blue. The structure is still original though.
SnowManPA

Postby RollerBabe » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:13 am

I'm thinking that Dorney's announcement might just mirror Valleyfair's:

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/searc ... Valleyfair

The Splash Pad area is popping up at several Cedarfair waterparks this off season and the slide tower jives with the rumor about the Speed Slides. If you think about it the Speed Slides and the old childrens play area between Aquablast and Snake Pit are really the only two remnants of the original water park (I know....the lazy river). I would make sense to upgrade these two parks of the park before taking on a larger capital expenditure like expanding into the parking lot.

Just my two cents. Not saying anything is definite.
RollerBabe

Postby jscll » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:28 am

I agree that we probably are going to get a slide complex like Valleyfair's, within the next three years, probably sooner than later. Unfortunately, we cannot get a clone of what Valleyfair is getting due to Breakers Plunge being ninety feet tall. Technically the park could build the water slide unmodified, but Dorney is currently limited to two new structures taller than eighty five feet. It would be a huge mistake for them to waste a height exemption for an extra five to fifteen feet of waterside (depending on if Valleyfair's ninety foot measurement is slide height or structure height.)

Of course, we could also end up with a slide complex like the one Carowinds got last year (a two slide complex, one slide with a wave wall and the other a bowl slide.) Perhaps we might get a model with a funnel slide too?

A perfect place a new family play area could be located is on the same island as the island waterworks, right where the current under 54 inch splash area is. The current smoking area could be used as a lounge area for parents who prefer to watch, and a new smoking area could be added to the West, across the lazy river, to the conspicuously empty area taken up only by Aquablast overhead.

Not saying anyone is wrong, but I was wondering, were the speed slides replaced, or just resurfaced/painted? The left handed slide is showing its age with its conspicuous patch in the loading area. As far as the structure rocking, I would be more concerned if it did not shake. If it does not shake, it brakes. All structures shake to a degree, some more than others.
jscll

Postby RollerBabe » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:52 pm

The Speed Slides were definitely replaced a few years back and it was well needed as you could feel the individual segments on your back. I just look at this slide complex and think its the dinosaur of the waterpark. Doesn't help having the mat racer next door, which looks kinda similar, is a straight shot as well, and at least offers the gimmick of racing.

Your comment about Splash Island and the smokers section is pretty good. The concept art for Valleyfairs installation doesn't look too over whelming, so a smaller space revitalized is probably more in the cards.

I'm getting excited. We should find out any day now it feels like.
RollerBabe

Postby MarinersMunchies » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:12 am

With Haunt starting up this is the perfect time to start marketing a new attraction for 2015. Hopefully we see something for the upcoming weekend. I'm hoping the Flyer's they were strongly considering for 2014 make their way to the park this year.
MarinersMunchies

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion