Dorney Park 2016

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: Dorney Park 2016

Postby dorneyparkrules » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:48 pm

I saw something that it got postponed until next year
Current Dorney Park Employee
2013- Thunder Canyon
2014- Steel Force, Possessed, Monster, and Revolution
2015- Stinger, Cedar Creek Flyers, Revolution, and Steel Force
2017- Possessed and Monster
dorneyparkrules

Postby SnowManPA » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:01 pm

So Dorney got nothing new this year.

Yes, I am happy that TH got new trains and finally a new coat of paint.
SnowManPA

Postby Yoshi » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:17 am

I noticed a bunch of price increases this season

Parking was $15 last year, it was $17 earlier in the season, now $20
The lockers by Whitewater Landing were $2 an hour, they are now $5 an hour
3 point challenge went from $5 to $10
Regular lockers were $15 at the beginning of the season and they went back to $20 like last year
Yoshi

Postby jscll » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:56 am

It seems like management is trying to trim costs in operations. Before last fall, I have never seen Talon, Hydra, Possessed, or Stinger run with fewer than four attendants. This year it seems running with two is the normal. This is very painful for me to watch since my first job was at the park in operations. When I worked on Hydra, it was considered a failure if we did not make at least thirty dispatches an hour. With two attendants, the ride is lucky to make twenty.

On another note, does anyone know why Steel Force is so popular this year? In previous years I always could marathon it in the evenings with no wait, but this year it almost always has at least a ten minute wait. If customer service really mattered to the park, they would run the third train more than a few days a year...
jscll

Postby Dorneyman27 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:03 pm

Has anybody heard anything on the spot of Hang Time, Screamin Swing, or the catering facilities they are moving? Do they still plan on reconfiguring the parking lot and redoing the entrance? And what about the dark ride?

Has anybody been visiting the park a lot this year? It seemed pretty busy the past 2 Sundays I've been there, but I was there 2 other days early in the season and it was pretty dead. Seems like the park needs something new, not sure why they aren't spending the money.
Dorneyman27

Postby Yoshi » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:45 pm

The rumor on Screamscape is flat rides for next year. Every year I hope we finally get the long rumored GCI.

I have visited the park 5 times so far this year, 3 times in May (1 Saturday, 1 Sunday and a Tuesday) and twice in July (a Tuesday and a Thursday). It wasn't crowded any of those days. Even Wildwater Kingdom hasn't been crowded on my trips to the park this year. Other than Aqua Blast and Python Plummet, everything else has been 5 - 10 minutes when I have been there.

jscll wrote:It seems like management is trying to trim costs in operations. Before last fall, I have never seen Talon, Hydra, Possessed, or Stinger run with fewer than four attendants. This year it seems running with two is the normal. This is very painful for me to watch since my first job was at the park in operations. When I worked on Hydra, it was considered a failure if we did not make at least thirty dispatches an hour. With two attendants, the ride is lucky to make twenty.

On another note, does anyone know why Steel Force is so popular this year? In previous years I always could marathon it in the evenings with no wait, but this year it almost always has at least a ten minute wait. If customer service really mattered to the park, they would run the third train more than a few days a year...

I noticed 2 attendants on the coasters earlier this year, both trips this month they were back to having four attendants at Talon and Hydra. I'm not sure about Steel Force, the only thing I can think of is that it is the only major coaster in the park with a 48" requirement but it's been like that and wouldn't explain the increase in popularity this year.
Yoshi

Postby dorneyparkrules » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:36 pm

jscll wrote:It seems like management is trying to trim costs in operations. Before last fall, I have never seen Talon, Hydra, Possessed, or Stinger run with fewer than four attendants. This year it seems running with two is the normal. This is very painful for me to watch since my first job was at the park in operations. When I worked on Hydra, it was considered a failure if we did not make at least thirty dispatches an hour. With two attendants, the ride is lucky to make twenty.

The reason why they only had two attendants at the major roller coasters is bc of lack of staffing they simple don't have enough workers to have four attendant and the reason behind 10 mins or more wait on Steel Force is bc the crew is so slow at checking seats and they cant run three trains unless they have enough staffing for it
Current Dorney Park Employee
2013- Thunder Canyon
2014- Steel Force, Possessed, Monster, and Revolution
2015- Stinger, Cedar Creek Flyers, Revolution, and Steel Force
2017- Possessed and Monster
dorneyparkrules

Postby Yoshi » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:29 pm

They are now offering Fast Lane Plus for the rest of the season for $99. If it is offered next year for the full season for $99, I would get it. Fast Lane isn't really needed on the ride side except for Wild Mouse and maybe the water rides but could be helpful in Wildwater Kingdom especially at Aqua Blast and Snake Pit.
Yoshi

Previous

Return to General Discussion