capacity/daily attendance?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

capacity/daily attendance?

Postby coastingthrulife » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:35 pm

I was at Dorney on Saturday 8/28/4. I started the day at WWK with my daughter. Around 12:30 PM we decided the water park was too crowded so we went to Steel Force to grab some rides. While going up the lift hill I was amazed to see every possible parking spot filled with cars being directed onto the grass behind Laser. Cars were still streaming in the gate. I have never seen the park so crowded. My question is - What is the parks single day attendance record? Do they have a capacity limit? - That is, if this limit is exceeded they will turn people away? Bill
coastingthrulife

daily attendance

Postby dorneygal » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:30 pm

Aparently the park doesnt "offically" close. They have run out of parking spots before. However if they expect a REALLY busy day they will also ask employees to park up by the warehouse and when the overflow and the over-overflow lot (the grass behind laser) get full I have seen them park guests in the employee parking lot and have them enter down by Steel Force.

The highest attendance I have seen (which was back in the summer of 2002) was around 34,000.
dorneygal

Postby UdoTch » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:11 pm

They don't make daily attendance records publicly known. But they do have a capicity limit set by the local authorities. If they hit that limit, which they have - but not often, they do close the park gates.

And I'm really glad I EOCed on the 27th now!!!! Missed that huge crowd, which is normal for august.
UdoTch

Postby DorneyParker01 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:59 pm

There is no capacity limit set by anyone. That is just what is said to guests who say, "havent you hit capacity?" Employees answer " no we have not hit the limit set by the township". Parking is really the only limit the park has.

The record for a day is as stated somewhere around 34,000 guests. Generally its not good to be there when there is more than around 27,000 guests in the park.
DorneyParker01

Postby UdoTch » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:42 am

haha! its not good to be an employee when its more then 18,000 guests!
UdoTch

Postby ValleyfairFan » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:18 pm

Actually as an employee (at Valleyfair) I always preferred the "Holy crap its really really crazy busy" days. Really gets ya pumped to do great numbers and get the guests through at your ride.
ValleyfairFan

Postby UdoTch » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:36 pm

Except at SkyScraper your arms get soooo tired from strapping over 400 people in!

And ya gotta love the CF efficiency stuff!
UdoTch

Return to General Discussion