WOF's camping "Village" - Implications at Dorney?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: WOF's camping "Village" - Implications at Dorney?

Postby dorneydude » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:48 pm

how much $ would 8 cabins bring in? If they wanted to be in that business they should have scarfed up the lot across the street and built their own hotel/motel.
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Postby Dorneyman27 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 pm

With Swan Boats and the speedway gone, there is room for something down there. Cabins would be good and could bring in a lot of money.
Dorneyman27

Postby Hooky965 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 pm

I can't really see it. I haven't seen many cabins in parks outside of those that are in knoebels. They kinda work there because of the whole old school nature of the place and the fact that there really isn't much around there as far as places to stay. That's not the case here, there's a lot of competition in the area, and it's clean, climate controlled, and many have pools that the kids can unwind in. I can't see how a series of cabins, which would have to be fairly well equipped in order to even be considered as a viable option, would be cost effective. You'd also have the additional concerns of the park jumping into the unfamiliar territory of housing guests (becoming a hospitality company), which would require additional resources from park personnel and also create the need for 24-hour access inside the gates. Coupling all of this with the fact that the park isn't exactly a multi-day destination tells me that while this idea is novel, I don't think that it's actually feasible.
Hooky965

Postby djw44 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:42 am

WOF is not really a two day attraction either though. Cedar Point has the mobile home camping village and they are wildly popular. They also have an agreement with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for multi-day trips. One of the major draws for families in the country is the nearby Crayola Factory. The DaVinci center is also down the street. With some decent advertising, you could work them into the equation as part of a multi-day visit along with saying the waterpark and amusement park are two day visit worthy. I did not even think about that land down at the speedway. That is a sizeable amount of land. The only problems I see with it are flood issues and Steel Force going through its helix around it. I would not mind it, but I cannot imagine the average Long Islander not having a problem with that.
djw44

Previous

Return to General Discussion