NEW METEOR RECORD for 2003!

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

NEW METEOR RECORD for 2003!

Postby randydorney » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:21 pm

On Saturday June 28, 2003 3 guys made the first record of riding on the Meteor 17 times in a row!! Here are the 3 guys names who rode the Meteor this 2003 season: Bobby Phillips, John Jameson, and Dave Hurtman. I had the priveledge to talk to them at the Meteor site. It's already mentioned on the Cornerpost Newsletter at Dorney Park. "Cornerpost Newsletter" is for all the staff at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom only!! Congratulations for making a new record for the Meteor!! Have a Blessed summer!
~Randydorney
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:33 pm

Hmm, I'm going to have to up that to 20... I can handle it :wink: .
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby sfnitro230 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:24 am

dptalon135, how can you do that if there is a line? You will probably have to talk to the ride ops or find out when Randy will be there.
sfnitro230

Postby dptalon135 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:35 pm

Uh, wait in line perhaps? Riding a ride several times in a row just means riding nothing else, just that ride repeatedly.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby randydorney » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:40 pm

So far, 17 times has been holding for a long time. If DPTALON135 (Josh) can beat the 17 times record, he will be noted on the CornerPost Newsletter and on this site. Let me tell you, all lot of people has tried to beat the 17 times record and can only make it up to 7 times a row :!: Girls, in the past week has been trying out the record. All lot has tried, and few only last a few short runs before 17. "So close but so far" a teacher told me once in JR High School. Here are some side affects you may encounter while riding on the Meteor: Dizzyness, nausa, motion sickness, unblance walking, headache, and stomachache. Please take extreme caution while riding. Be aware of your body signals. If your body can't take it, STOP RIDING. Take a rest and wait until your body is ready to continue riding. There is no reward. Old record holder for 14 times a row: Randy Reighard (Me).
REMEMBER: ONCE A RECORD HAS BEEN PLACED, IT MAY BE BROKEN IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. ALL RECORDS WILL BE NOTED IN THE METEOR LOG NOTEBOOK, HOLD BY ME. ALL RECORD PEFORMED MUST BE SEEN BY ME OR THE GROUP SUPERVISOR RAY LUITZ.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
randydorney

Postby randydorney » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:49 pm

If you are doing your record and weather, maintenence, or operational has been issued, Meteor may closed. All records will be hold until the ride has been test run and opened. Weather: The platform will take an hour to be dried. A fine mist will close the ride, time may vary and will open as soon as possible. Maintenence: Depending on the staff, Meteor will be closed until further notice from Supervisor and Maintenence. The time may vary and will open as soon as possible. Operational: An incident has occured. Based on Ride Operator, the ride may closed. Time may vary and will open as soon as possible.

I wish you blessings on your quest for the Meteor!!
Dorneypark Man, randydorney
~Aka:Randy Reighard
randydorney

Postby Xfan15 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:35 pm

Hey everyone im the guy who hold the meteor record. Dont think ur going to break that record that eaisilly. Its really long and and sickening. It took us almost 3 hours to do this. We ran around all seventeen times and rode ever time in a row. Good luck to anyone who tries to beat the record and if u know any other record in the park post them up and ill try to beat them too!!!
Xfan15

Postby randydorney » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:17 pm

Now, time has arrived!! The girls out done themselves again this time!!
Nikki & Crystal has now beaten the guys old record at 17 times in a row.
NOW IT'S 21 times in a row!! Unbelieveable?!?! It's totally nuts, nauses, and tiring too! But that's not all the record they have done, they have a new record at the Balloon Race at 7 times a row!!!
Congratulations ladies, and I hope to see you later this summer again!!
Enjoy your day at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom!!
randydorney

Re: NEW METEOR RECORD for 2003!

Postby DorneyPark5 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 pm

I would give that a try, it doesent sound hard to me because I rode Steel Force 8 times and Talon 11 times. So yeah I would give that a try.
DorneyPark5

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:45 am

No thank you. I ride this ride and want to barf. Ugh... I could not imagine doing this more than once. :oops:
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 am

Oh, btw... Way to go bumping a nine year old topic.
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby nathanaelerik » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Well, while this is bumped..

I think I could easily do that.. I think meteor is so fun. It doesnt make me dizzy, or anything. I think its just good old fashion fun. Its actually really relaxing too... :lol:
nathanaelerik

Return to General Discussion