Please just stop!

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Do you believe anyone should bash Dorneys rides?

Yes, bash them all the time
No votes
No, its wrong and should be stopped!
100%

Total votes : 2

Please just stop!

Postby Seiko » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:46 am

Ok, I think we all need to stop putting down Dorney coasters. Everyone is bashing Hercules and Thunderhawk constantly and it is making me sick.

They are both great rides, are smooth, Hercules a little more than thunderhawk, end of dicussion.

I am right, anyone else who doesn't agree with me is wrong and needs help.
Seiko

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:22 am

Nobody is bashing the rides. We are simply giving our opinions. Don't say you are right and everyone else is wrong; everyone has different opinions.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Seiko » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:59 pm

Yes you are bashing the rides. Giving an opinion and saying "I don't like Hercules" or something like that is bashing the rides.

Get a grip on reality, they are two really great rides and whoever cannot see that needs to see a phycriatrist(I know I spelled that wrong).

Oh, and just because people have different opinions doesn't necessary mean they are right...
Seiko

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:40 pm

Exactly, so what makes your opinion right?
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Seiko » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:51 pm

Because I am me, Seiko, and I am always right about things like this.

Now lets make a good example of Ok bashing ans wrong bashing. Going against Hercules, a unique and cool wooden coaster, is wrong.

However, getting mad because dorney decides to get a clone of an already existing coaster is ok. Then again, not liking that ride is wrong, but thats not the point.

The point is people bash to much on this site and it needs to be stopped.

Oh, and thanks for locking the Hercules bashing topic. That is exactly what needed to be done, because bashing rides is wrong and should be against the rules. Get it?
Seiko

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:22 pm

Try to realize, though, that there is a difference between bashing and giving an opinion. Bashing would be such comments as "Hercules sucks!!1!1! Taer it down!1!1!" An opinion would be like "I think Hercules is rough, and I don't like it that much. I really think if they _______________ the ride would be much better." Opinions are permitted on this site, bashing is not.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Seiko » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:40 pm

You just do not understand, do you. There is nothing wrong with both of the woodies and thats that. Nothing is going to change about them so just except the facts of life.

And there is not difference. Both of them reguire putting down dorney's rides and saying that there is something wrong with them, and that is not right.

Maybe I am contradicting myself but this is the truth. No more ride bashing, please! If anyone doesn't like it they can just leave.

Positive comments only is the way to go...
Seiko

Postby DorneyDante » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:48 pm

I never bash, just state my opinion. I respect everyone's opinion and hear them out, doesn't mean I agree. Just like in the post that was previously locked, dptalon said that slamming up and down is what he calls ejector airtime. That is fine, but I call it roughness and is certainly not airtime to me. Airtime is a "floaty" feeling to me (the finale on Thunderhawk). But ya know what, thats ok thats his opinion and thats cool. Lets stop the bickering and keep these posts about the great park we love. Just because we all like Dorney Park doesn't mean that we have to particularly enjoy every single ride there. I definately have my favorites at Dorney and I definately have rides that aren't on the top of my list.
DorneyDante

Postby Seiko » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:52 pm

Not you, actually I agree with everything you usaully say. However, its others that drive me insane as much as they bash rides. You are actually one, the only one I think, that I like on this website.

And it is true that airtime can be rough sometimes, depends on the restraints. See what I mean, its not you.

Oh, and this is not going to get continued until tomorrow night, so see ya!

Trust me, there is a reason, not because I am running away, thats the last thing I want to do right now!
Seiko

Postby sfnitro230 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:03 pm

This topic is now locked because we are now bashing bashing. :roll:
sfnitro230

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:32 pm

For cryin' out loud! Just because you think they are fine, doesn't mean everyone else has to! What is so hard to understand about that? This site may be about Dorney Park, but that doesn't mean we have to like everything that happens and is there. Not everybody in the world has to agree with you. And how come it's alright that DorneyDante states his opinion, but not me? If you keep up your attitude to not respecting others perfectly honest opinions, you are going to find yourself in the same situation as murphyj. I don't have a problem that you don't have any problems with the wooden coasters, its that you insist you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Topic unlocked so we can get to an agreement.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby sfnitro230 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:16 pm

I believe it is OK to say you like or don't like certain coasters as long as you explain and back-up your oppinion. It is only bashing when you don't explain. That is why we have Freedom of Speech and Press here in the US which alows us to speak and publsh our oppinions -- good or bad.
sfnitro230

Postby DorneyDante » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:31 pm

EXACTLTY! There's always two sides to a story. I think we should move on from this, no offense to anyone.

*Note From Admin* There is no need to quote a previous post.
DorneyDante

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:37 pm

Before we end this, I have a few more things to say. Seiko, you are the one who does not understand. You may think there is nothing wrong with Dorney's woodies, but others do, and they have every right to think that. Nothing makes you right and everyone else wrong. Things can change. They don't have to have headrests on the trains, but they do, against PTC's reccommendations.

Seiko wrote:And there is not difference. Both of them reguire putting down dorney's rides and saying that there is something wrong with them, and that is not right.
[snip]
Positive comments only is the way to go...

There is a huge difference. If everyone just had positive comments all the time, nothing would improve. If everyone said all good things about software, for example, programmers would not feel a need to improve programs, fix bugs, add new things. If guests didn't comment on pain on Premier launch coasters, they wouldn't have developed the lap bars. Fact is, bashing is doing nothing but complaining and pointing out everything that is wrong. I agree, many people do that, but there hasn't been any here, and it isn't allowed here, so take your anger somewhere else. Opinions state what is wrong in a non-violent way, and should offer suggestions. Consider it constructive criticism. Without it, nothing would get better, just stay the same. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion and nobody's is superior. Now let's move on...
dptalon135
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion