ThunderHawk This Year

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

ThunderHawk This Year

Postby RCTForce » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:01 pm

Has anyone else noticed that ThunderHawk is running abosuluty amazing this year. No jerks on the second drop, and more airtime then ever. Out of all the rides this year I think I have enjoyed ThunderHawk the most. The just got to get rid of the pesky trim break on the second bunny hop and the ride would be perfect.
RCTForce

Postby DorneyDante » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:34 pm

I actually disagree with you. Everytime I have gone this season, I have found it rougher than usual. Like I said in my trip report, I think they have Hercules running alot smoother than they do Thunderhawk. I still think Thunderhawk delivers a solid ride though. Cedar Fair has really polished this gem, you should have ridden it prior to Cedar Fair taking over. It was ceratinly nothing to hoot about. I still everytime I ride it slam my knees into the bar at the top of that 1st turnaround.
DorneyDante

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:22 pm

Thunderhawk is definitely running smoother this year, and Hercules has been getting better as the season goes on. Hercules, however, still stinks because of the slowness, shuffling and boringness. Personally, I find roughness to be jerkiness, bumpiness and rides that make your back and ribs hurt. Thunderhawk just has violent ejector air that won't be going away unless trims or reprofiling occur... and if they do, I'd be extremely ticked off. Just keep your seatbelt loose and sit farther towards the back if you don't want it as powerful :wink: .
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby DorneyDante » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:25 pm

Yeah, I agree Thunderhawk delivers a great ride, I just find it rougher than usual this season.
DorneyDante

Postby randydorney » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:34 am

Yeah, later of this season I got the chance to be in Dorney Park's newest commerical while riding Thunder Hawk. From that day on, I tend to love Thunder Hawk.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby silverghost » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:52 am

Yeah, i noticed that there was more airtime than usual in the front seat, except that the top of the hills seemed slower. Maybe there were overly 'large' people in the back of the train :roll: :D

SilverGhost
silverghost

Postby randydorney » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:54 am

Yes, the front seems like your going faster than the back. In the back, you tend to get the hard spots during the ride. The hills going up seems slow. Thunder Hawk, the best wooden rollercoaster, and the best ride in DORNEY PARK!! (Sorry Hercules)
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby DorneyDante » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:56 pm

When I last rode Thunderhawk (seat 1:3) I serioulsy held my head the entire time because it was so jerky. I couldn't believe how rough the ride had gotten. Anyone else agree with me?
DorneyDante

Return to General Discussion