Dorney Park Recreation for RCT2

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Postby DorneyDante » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:05 pm

My recreation is coming along more slowly now that I'm back in school, but I hope to have my Dorney recreation done within the month and my Wildwater Kingdom recreation done by Christmas. If your thinking thats a long time away your right, but I'm really aiming for accuracy with my recreation. I don't know if everyone noticed, but the landscape on mine is as close as you can get to the real thing (for rct2). You can take an aerial pic of the park and compare it to mine and see how close they are. I even went as far as creating the hillside that Hercules, Steel Force, and Thundercreek Mountain occupy. I even considered recreating the housing development behind the lake but decided nah, the park gotta stop somewhere! lol I have however, included the parking lot and Hamilton blvd.
DorneyDante

Postby rwk » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:03 pm

What's happening with this, Dante? Any progress? I'd like to see it finished. Any idea of a download?
rwk

Postby DorneyDante » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:30 pm

It's actually coming along better than I thought now that I am back in school. I've been trying to work on it as much as I can while balancing schoolwork. I am having a really tough time with webshots right now because they keep deleting my pics everytime I post them. For some strange reason they deleted all my albums except one (my Hercules album). I'm gonna posts my pics again anyways on Webshots but I need to find a better place to post them. I am pretty much done with the DP recreation, WWK is nothing but flat land right now. I just have alot to "fill in" on the DP side like benches trashcans and most importantly trees/lanscaping. I would love for people to be able to download it, I'm just weary of that because I have a ton of custom scenery in it that I downloaded from Amzing Earl and Buggy's, so you'd have to also have the same scenery downloaded onto your RCT2 to get the full effect of the park. I could maybe post all the items that you would need to download from the site if you were that interested in my recreation. I will post more screenshots soon. Working from memory wasn't working so well because I was realizing that my memory wasn't as trusty as I thought, so now I'm pretty much just using pics to recreate the park which is taking even more time.
DorneyDante

Postby sfnitro230 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:39 pm

Yeah, I would love to see your recreation.
sfnitro230

Postby randydorney » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:38 pm

Yeah, same here!! I would like to see how you would make the NEW WAVE POOL and the new slides too!! KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC JOB!! (Ok sure, they can make a game with Six Flags Theme Parks. But no, they don't make a expansion pack for other theme/amusement parks like: Cedar Point, DP & WWK, Valley Fair, etc.. It would help Cedar Fair L.P. and the other theme/amusement parks as well.)
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby DrNickRiviera995 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:28 pm

:)
Last edited by DrNickRiviera995 on Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrNickRiviera995

Postby rwk » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:58 am

Make sure you have the Export plug in objects with saved games checked in the Option menu (the floppy disk icon) and save the park. When someone opens the park for the first time, all the objects the user doesn't have will automatically install into the data folder where all the rides and scenery are stored and the park will open. If you fail to do this, then whoever downloads the park and attempts to open it will get an error message saying missing object and the park won't open, no matter how many times the park is attempted to be loaded.
rwk

Postby sfnitro230 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:09 pm

That is a great tip rwk. :D I didn't know about it.
sfnitro230

Postby DrNickRiviera995 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:21 pm

Last edited by DrNickRiviera995 on Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrNickRiviera995

Postby DorneyDante » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:56 pm

You should post screens of your DP recreation, I'd like to see em. It always interesting to see other peoples POV's of the park, because everyone has different ways of recreating things.
DorneyDante

Postby DrNickRiviera995 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:01 am

DrNickRiviera995

Postby DorneyDante » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:51 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am almost done with my recreation. Here are some screens:

http://community.webshots.com/user/partykiddante
DorneyDante

Postby rwk » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:12 pm

I like it, though a few areas are off like Thunderhawk's turn and lift should be closer to the Zephyr tracks, and the Dorney House and Center Stage should be a bit up more from the Zephyr area, and Talon doesn't go over the arcade/horror theater building. dptalon's park looks a bit more accurate in some areas, like the thunderhawk/zephyr area is correct.
rwk

Postby DorneyDante » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:06 am

Truth of the matter is you can't build stuff in RCT on diagonals. Talon's course actually sits on a diagonal. If it were possible to build Talon in RCT on a diagonal like in real life, then that carousel curve that I have going over the funzopne arcade would be farther back and not swooping over the roof like it is now. And I'm not moving Talon back any just so that curve isn't going over the roof because it would be too far away from the midway. Same goes with Thunderhawk, it sits on a diagonal. Also, I didn't post any shots of the dorneyhouse or center stage. I'm not offended at your comments of it being inaccurate, I'm just basically saying I already knew those things but because of the limitations in RCT, there ain't squat I can do about it. Its as good as its gonna get. I had to make decisions when I was making the recreation. One of those was do I move Talon back further so that curve isn't swooping over the roof or do I just keep it where it is because if I move it too far back it'll be even more inaccurate because it'll be sitting in the WWK. Hundreds of these decisions I had to make when I was doin the recreation, this is just one example. Like I said, its as good as its gonna get I think.
DorneyDante

Postby rwk » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:35 pm

I made a diagonal Thunderhawk by making the lift hill diagonal, and I thought it was tan, not white. I made mine bright yellow like it was. And dptalon somehow got his Thawk closer to the Zephyr tracks where they curve to the station, and his Talon is nowhere near the funzone roof. Yours is better than one I got from CoasterBuzz games, that one is horrible it's just on flat land, no hills and things are off. RCT does have its limitations, but I found ways to compromise. In the zoomed out view showing the entire park I noticed the Dorney House and Center Stage.
rwk

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion