HOUSING ANYWHERE?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

HOUSING ANYWHERE?

Postby dvangar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:29 am

Hello,
First I want to say hi to all users and the forums are very interesting to read.
Im one of the future workers doing our work experience on Dorney Park this summer and i would appreciate if any of you ppl specially from allentown know about cheap housing close to the park, good places to rent, any tips on life in allentown n stuff like that. ive checked online for places and theyre really expensive, hotel rooms for 600+, townhowses from 800 to 1400+ and as a future employee id like to have some info about the housing, the park, places to visit n ppl.
Thanks
-Daniel-
dvangar

Postby Bailey » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:57 am

My suggestion is to talk to a real estate agent about low cost housing. It does exist, you just have to have someone to guide you. There are many apartment complexes around the hospital on Cedar Crest Blvd that offer temporary low cost housing as many of the medical students and residents take advantage of it.
Bailey

Postby Hercules » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:31 pm

I would think that the park would help you out on that. I thought that was something that they did? I would contact someone at the park or check out the website about that.

I too need to find something in the area fast, so I'm interested to see what people put here.
Hercules

no luck yet

Postby dvangar » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:52 pm

thanks for the info, on one side, the park only provides housing to girls at some dorms, we've called most of the places on a list provided by the park, and in some cases people have hang up our calls after we have said were colombians :evil:, this is a fragment from an email from the park about hamilton square apartments: "It would be $627.00 per month (that is total for 2 people) plus $100 deposit. The room includes 2 beds, refrigerator (good size), microwave, own bath. " is it a good deal?
Hercules: if you can get a good place por a good price, please make me know :) thanks
dvangar

Postby Bailey » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:14 pm

Just a thought...

Try some of the colleges in the area. They might be willing to provide low cost student housing during the summer.
Bailey

Postby Hercules » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:34 pm

Don't try DeSales University though. It is pretty sad that they won't even give up a room for one of their own students :(

And if I come across anything I will let you know, as I hope you would do the same in return :wink:
Hercules

Postby dvangar » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:25 am

Allendale Apartments
535 Cedar Hill Dr.
Allentown, PA 18109
Fax: (610)-264-8450
goes from 695 to 1070 this is like the only cheap place, although its unfurnished :x , if not i guess id have to stay at hamilton hotel :)
dvangar

Postby FutureMan » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:30 am

How much are you willing to spend?
FutureMan

Postby dvangar » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:58 pm

the less as possible
dvangar

Postby dvangar » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:04 pm

i chose hamilton square apartments, at least its furnished
anyone knows if its a good place?
dvangar

Postby SirDorney » Wed May 03, 2006 4:25 pm

That's one thing I never understood about the employee international program that Dorney Park offers....the females get set up at Cedar Crest College, while the males have to fend for themselves. Is that really fair? I've always thought that was extremely unfair. Let Ann Jones know about it, she's the one who sets everything up.
SirDorney

Return to General Discussion