Hercules POV?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Hercules POV?

Postby coastercraver7 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:09 pm

Does anyone know where to find a POV of Hercules. Dorney's official site got rid of their on ride footage of Hercules along with the rest of its page. I was thinking one would be nice to have now that I can't get a last ride.
coastercraver7

Postby DorneyDante » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:26 pm

i used to have it, ill look for it.
DorneyDante

Postby dptalon135 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:33 pm

I have the Quicktime version saved. What would you like me to do? Email it, or should I risk the bandwidth and put it up on the site?
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby DorneyDante » Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:59 pm

hey if you have it, id like a copy too. I can't find my copy of it.
DorneyDante

Postby sfnitro230 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:55 pm

Here it is Windows Media, and Quicktime.
sfnitro230

Postby coastercraver7 » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:07 pm

Had trouble with the media player version but the quicktime works fine. Thanks!
coastercraver7

Postby superman_test_dummy » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:43 pm

Ugh i hate this remove a coaster for another. Well at least its a B&M not a Vekoma.
superman_test_dummy

Postby DorneyDante » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:54 pm

Why couldn't this floorless be built around Hercules? The removal of a coaster is never good, especially for a park like Dorney that hardly has any coasters. There coaster count will be one less for 2 years! what a major drawback in the grand scheme of things. I think Hershey just really moved ahead now.
DorneyDante

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:02 am

What's the difference if they have a coaster that most people don't like, or they are down that coaster? I understand that some of you did like the ride, and I respect that. However, the larger majority of people didn't like it, including park management and maintenance.

Who cares about the actual number of coasters a parks has? You have to look at what those rides actually are. Talon beats Great Bear any day, Thunderhawk is far superior to Comet with the respective trimming on each, Laser has much more punch than sooperdooperLooper, and their Wild Mice are, well, Wild Mice. Having ridden each, I personally think Woodstock Express has more of a kick to it than Trailblazer, which I could fall asleep on, but that is just my opinion.

So that leaves a standard boomerang (Sidewinder), a kiddie coaster with water (Roller Soaker), two excellent woodies (Wildcat & Lightning Racer), and a hydraulic launching looper. At Dorney, that leaves an excellent hyper (Steel Force), a second kiddie coaster, and in two years, what I'm expecting to be an excellent floorless. So, once the floorless is down, each of the two will have unique items to bring people in. It will all depend on what the people are looking for, good wood, or high tech steel.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby silverghost » Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:39 pm

very, very well put, josh.

But i do have one thing to comment on in your little spiel. . .

In your last line you said "good wood or high-tech steel"--As bad as Hercules was, it was a wooden coaster, and there is absolutely NO other woodie as, well, unique as herc was. Yes what should be coming will probably be awesome, but it is still a loss to the park community.

Just my thoughts,

SG
silverghost

Postby DorneyDante » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:14 pm

Good point silverghost, Hercules was definately a one-of-a-kind terrain woodie.

Quote from Curtis Summers "I could never design another ride like Hercules."
DorneyDante

Postby Mikey100900 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:30 pm

How do i save the hercules POV to my hard drive?
Mikey100900

Postby dptalon135 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:52 am

Hmm looks like they got rid of the Quicktime one. I don't think you can save the Windows Media version because it is a streaming file. I have the Quicktime version on my computer, let me know if you'd like it.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Mikey100900 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:50 pm

Yes I would. I have been trying to find it for months. I had it once, but lost it. Now it is like a collector item.

Thanx
Mikey100900

Return to General Discussion