Coming in 2004...?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Postby Medusa1861 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:10 pm

I so very very hope it's a Huss Giant Frisbee... I wanted to go to PKI just for Delirium.. but to have one in Dorney Park... NICE....But that Chance Revolution is fine with me...
Medusa1861

Postby randydorney » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:37 pm

A Chaos ride would be SWEET!! The one thing is stuck in my head: where are they going to put that ride at??? They could put it back behind the Laser. They need something BIG back there. The Laser is barely making it back there alone with the help of Steel Force and Thunder Hawk.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:42 pm

Yep, I agree... whatever flat they add, it really needs to go back by Laser... it's really dead back there.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Update?!?!?!!?

Postby JtotheMurphy » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:44 pm

Someone has to have somewhat of a clue as to what is going on for next season. I understand the removal of Hercules is going to be a large expenditure, but there are numerous sites reporting a flat ride. TALK TO ME ALBINO!
JtotheMurphy

Postby DorneyMan88 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:58 pm

Well I don't think we'll have to wait much longer. DP has their site ready to put 04's attractions in, it has the little new for 2004 bubble. And considering Cedar Fair is releasing info on the third quarter soon and the seasonal parks are closed, it should be very soon.
DorneyMan88

Postby DorneyDante » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:18 pm

Ah, I can see it now. NEW FOR 2004!: The removal of even MORE trees. :lol:

Seriously though, anyone excited for Dorney in 2004 needs to get their pulses checked. I think its gonna be a dead year. Yeah there might be a few small additions and maybe a flat but thats it. We are still losing one the most original woodies ever built. 2005 will be a huge year for CF though, watch. I'm not just saying that because Dorney is getting a floorless, I just think its gonna be a huge year for CF.
DorneyDante

Postby randydorney » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:50 am

I can agree with that. In 2004, Dorney Park would be dead. Alot of people would come toward the Meteor and Whitewater Landing due to the Deconstruction of Hercules. I can't wait to see what's coming soon to DP in 2004.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
randydorney

Postby geneticfreak » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:55 pm

I would really like to see an adults only area at WWK like the one at Cedar Point. I think something like that would fully round out WWK and truly give something for everyone.

Visions of a swim-up bar dancing in my head :D
geneticfreak

Postby DorneyMan88 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:40 pm

genecticfreak, I agree. Now that CF finally updated WWK and it was ranked number 3 on AT's golden ticket awards, they need to update it more often, not wait, what was it, like 7 or 8 years for new big attractions. This will bring in the locals every year, which is prolly anywhere from 40-60% of DP's overall attendance. With all the new thrill rides being put into the dry side of the park, more and more people are coming into the area to DP too. I basically see DP as a three ring attraction.
1. Waterpark
2. Amusement Park (Thrill Park)
3. Halloween Fun Spot

I think the first two will only get better over time, and supposedly Halloweekends will be getting bigger in the next couple of years (it really does get a little bigger and a little better each year)
DorneyMan88

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:03 pm

Screamscape says:
"2004 - (11/3/03) The latest rumors claim that the park may add more than one new attraction this year and they may make the announcement very soon. Anyone know more?"

I think someone just got over-excited. More than one attraction probably means flatride and another Dippin' Dots stand :roll: . Remember, if you expect the least, it's all the better when you get more :wink: .
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby DorneyDante » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:15 pm

Eeeks, I wouldn't necessarily call Screamscape the most reliable source information.
DorneyDante

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:10 pm

More reliable than CoasterNet :P .
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby randydorney » Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:02 am

That's true. I would go with Screamscape. They has been rumors about two attractions. But I only heard about one attraction so far. The only thing we can do is to wait until Dorney Park puts up the information on their site for the new 2004 attractions.

Dorney Park quotes on their website:
Check back soon for details on exciting new attractions for the 2004 season!
randydorney

New for 2004?

Postby rwk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:58 pm

Well, if you read elsewhere on this site, sources point to a new thrill ride like the Claw, and an new HalloWeekends haunted house, Doctor of Doom 3-D that was supposed to be for this years HalloWeekends but didn't make it. Who knows what else.
rwk

Postby SROSSFNE » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:32 pm

"I said it's possible to have something like the Claw. I don't really know at this time that Dorney Park would something that HP already has. Dorney Park would get something different than HP doesn't have or SFGADV has. "

They probably visit each others parks, like DP might go to HP or other way around, because SFNE has been caught at HP before, so maybe they loved claw and wanted to grab it before SFGADV gets any ideas.
SROSSFNE

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion