Coming in 2004...?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Postby dptalon135 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:45 pm

SFGAdv already has a Huss Frisbee, which is basically The Claw with a floor.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby SROSSFNE » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:01 pm

I know, but some parks get to tower rides, like CP. I dont know, it could happen if they like it enough, or they could take out the other frisbee for this one.
SROSSFNE

Postby DorneyMan88 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:01 pm

zuckuss1, you seem to know a lot about the park, do you have ANY idea when the announcment is gonna be? I know how DP is, they say soon, they could mean 2 months. Do you have any clue as to when the announcement will be and if you do can you tell us?
DorneyMan88

Postby zuckuss1 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:52 pm

:(
zuckuss1

Postby JtotheMurphy » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:39 pm

Why the frown?
Please don't tell me the park decided not to get a single thing for next season. Please give me hope for something.
JtotheMurphy

Postby dptalon135 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:39 pm

The frown is what has become of all of zuckuss1's posts, due to the fact that he had to remove all of his posts... has nothing to do with any of the topics in the forums.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby JtotheMurphy » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:07 pm

So basically you are saying he will not be participating in any of the forum discussions from this point on due to his position with the park.....?
JtotheMurphy

Postby dptalon135 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:48 pm

As far as I know, yes, that is the case.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby randydorney » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:56 am

You can tell that he is very devoted with his job and doesn't want to lose his job at the coolest amusement park in Allentown area!!
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby DEVILDAN2000 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:22 pm

Screamscape claims that the park is 100% getting a new a ride and will hope to announce it before the end of the year. They just need to get the zoning laws. BTW, im writing this in skool, shh! :wink:
DEVILDAN2000

Postby JtotheMurphy » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:34 pm

This is great news. With the amount of time it has taken the park I expected there might be no new additions besides some landscaping. It is nice to see that Cedarfair and Dorney have the ability to make ROI on a continual basis these days and build the park into more of a thrill oriented destination. I imagine we'll receive something along the lines of La Revolution at Knotts, but who knows, maybe there is a chance the park will receive something very unique.
JtotheMurphy

Postby DorneyMan88 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:32 pm

So wait, the DP site says attractions for next year, but this says one ride. Does that mean the other attractions could be food stands? I must admit, I wouldn't mind a permanent location of the Hillbilly Kettle Corn (or whatever it was called) stand. That had THE BEST apple cider I ever had! And a greater choice of food is always great.
DorneyMan88

Postby randydorney » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:30 am

That's true, Dorney Park does have Great Food!!
Center Stage has the best french fries in the park, and Burger Barn has the best hamburgers in the park.

If Dorney Park add few new food stands during the 2004 season, it would be nice to have more Closed-In "Aircondition" restraunts than Coaster Drive-in and Red Garter Salloon.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby bowzer » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:00 pm

I agree they have good food, but there is one thing I miss that they had when i was a kid is WAFFLES & ICE CREAM... But if you are going to a Amusment Park to eat there is no place that can beat Knoebles for taste and price.
bowzer

Postby DorneyDante » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:08 pm

Dorney has great food? Huh? Its no better than any other amusement park I've eatin at IMO. It's not bad but certainly nothing to jump up and down about. What Dorney really needs to do is work on more efficient food prep. When you gotta wait 20 minutes for a soft shell taco thats just ridiculous. So yeah maybe opening a few more food stands would cut down on wait times for the food since less people would be at each stall.
DorneyDante

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion