Halloweekends 2003

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Halloweekends 2003

Postby randydorney » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:44 pm

Every Saturday and Sunday from October 4 through 26 Dorney Park will be transformed for HalloWeekends - a frightening festival of thrills and spills, monsters and mayhem. Mischievous ghouls materialize on the midways and the Park is decked out in its most frightening finery to celebrate the season.

What are your views on the Halloweekends and what could Dorney Park add to their Halloweekends display???
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby DorneyDante » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:16 am

Hercules running for one last day! jk

I've never been to one of these events but I plan on going to Great Adventure for theirs the 1st week of Oct. I've heard great things about these events, so I'm pretty excited. Do they decorate or add anything to the coasters? They could build temporary tunnels on some of the coasters and add special effects and lights, that would be cool.
DorneyDante

Postby randydorney » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:37 pm

What's you options about Halloweekend? Likes or Dislikes.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
randydorney

Postby DorneyMan88 » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:37 pm

Halloweekends is great to just walk around. Last year I loved how the music flowed into the park. All of the fog they had was great too. Though I thought they could use some more in the trench for Talon.

As for dislikes, I think they need more monsters walking around the midways. But that is just my personal opinion. I mean, Dorney needs to try and maintain a family atmoshpere (which explains the furry monster walking around last year). I guess I am just jealous how Six Flags will try and scare the pants off of you. Though I wish they would take a lesson from Six Flags and turn off all of the lights for Talon and Steel Force late at night.
DorneyMan88

Postby HighSpeedThrillCoaster » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:20 am

I love Halloweekends, I just don't know why fridays were dropped. I guess if I wanna ride fridays I can go to Great Adventure :)
HighSpeedThrillCoaster

Postby MJHammer1 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:39 pm

"I love Halloweekends, I just don't know why fridays were dropped. I guess if I wanna ride fridays I can go to Great Adventure "

Fridays were dropped the year they began staying open until the end of October. That added to the number of operating days overall, and just made more sense.

Staffing is an ordeal for the park at that time of year on a friday night. It was a mess. Plus, the attendance was so small on friday nights it really wasn't worth the effort.

-Mike
MJHammer1

Postby rwk » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:30 pm

I'm going. It's the only time Dorney has anything "haunted" since they removed all their dark rides years ago. One burned down 20 years ago, 2 others were removed after the Cedar Fair takeover 10 years ago. And there used to be a walkthrough under the arcade called Gold Mine, they built the porch over the entrance/exit. It closed in the mid-1980's. The arcade is now called Gold Mine Arcade. Hmm.....maybe a tribute to the former attraction? I wish they could've reopened THAT for Halloweekends! It's still down there in the basement under the house. Also, they had tombstones near the Joker with the birth and death years of old Dorney rides, like Journey to the Center of the Earth, Iceberg, Bucket O' Blood, etc.
rwk

Postby chewy7719 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:37 pm

I go at least once a year. It would be much better though, if the park had a permanent darkride. (Interactive or Traditional) It would be a good investment for the park, and highly marketable during halloweekends.

Dr. Frightner's (sp?) Horror Theater was a lot of fun last year, Cedar Freak Cannonball not bad either, and The Zany Zephyr and The Magical House on Boo Hill good family attractions. I other thing I would like to see is a KBF style maze.
chewy7719

Postby randydorney » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:42 am

Yeah, a maze would be really cool!! It would be awsome if they could do it in the dark. I don't know where would they put the maze at.
randydorney

Postby DorneyDante » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:59 pm

What they did with the old water slides was really clever, hehe, I like that. Where is that sea monster thing at? It looks like its near Thunder Canyon. Ill be headin over to six flags fright fest this weekend. Ill let everyone know how it is.
DorneyDante

Postby dptalon135 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:25 pm

That sea monster thing is right where the midway forks to Talon and Cedar Creek Cannonball's station, across from Wave Swinger.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby rwk » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:24 pm

I'll be at Dorney Sat. 3rd. Looking forward to the walk-through houses and haunted train rides, Cedar "Freak" Cannonball!
rwk

Return to General Discussion