Color Scheme

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Color Scheme

Postby DorneyDante » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:45 am

I was just wondering what your opinions on the color schemes are for Dorney's rides. This sparked my attention when I was looking at pics of the newly painted Apollo 2000 and Sea Dragon. Man are those some hideous colors. They remind me of Key West colors. I also highly dislike Laser's color scheme but I feel it fits the theme. I would have preferred the traditional red and white like it used to be. They could have kept all that neat ornamentation that it used to have too. http://www.rowan.edu/earth/denton/COAST ... laser1.gif

Steel Force's color scheme is boring. Oh yeah and bring back Thunderhawk's original yellow color scheme. That white painted over that yellow gives it an awful tan color.

*Quick trivia question: Does anyone know why Thunderhawk was originally painted yellow? I'll give you a hint. You can find the answer to this question on Dorney's website.
DorneyDante

Postby RCTForce » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:19 pm

I really hate Sea Dragon's colors. Why is it aqua blue? Other then that, I really have no beef with Dorney, but I do wish they would go back to Lasers old colors.
RCTForce

Postby silverghost » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:01 pm

HAHA I found the answer. Well I read it sometime, then I asked Josh today if it was right. I believe it was cause it was somebody (not quite sure who offhand) something about fifty years. Maybe fifty years of Dorney? So yeah they painted it golden yellow cause gold is the fifty anniversary color/rock/thing. Yeah

SilverGhost
silverghost

Postby DorneyDante » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:12 am

Yup, thunderhawk was painted a golden yellow to commemorate Robert Plarr's 50 years w/the park.

Dante, who thinks that Dorney went buck wild with the tacky aqua blue paint on their flat rides.
DorneyDante

Postby randydorney » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:02 pm

I think the color scheme could be a little bit better like: Red, Orange, and Yellow. Those colors does bring alot of attention to the guests.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Return to General Discussion