5/17/08

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

5/17/08

Postby Dbzmaniac7 » Mon May 19, 2008 2:29 am

So I got to Dorney around 10ish and there was nobody there. We parked over in the season pass parking lot.

We rode Talon first. There was a 2 car wait for the front, but no line for any of the other rows. We got on the 2nd row as soon as we got up the stairs.

Wild Mouse was closed like always. Somebody got stuck going up the first hill and then the ride was closed the rest of the day. White Water Landing was also closed for the first part of the day.

We were also able to walk right on Hydra. But, we had to walk all the way around even though we could have just cut through the emergency exit way like I did last year, but they seemed to have security guards in every line.

Not many of the other non-coaster rides were crowded at all. Revolution was no wait either. We walked into line and right on the ride. After that was Steel Force. The front had maybe a 2 car wait but besides that, there was nobody on the ride.

I didn't have to worry about food prices, though I did notice an increase. It's definitely not as bad as other places but still more than I'm willing to pay...us college students are poor. We went through my sister's school to get the tickets and they provided lunch for only $5. Needless to say that I jumped on that.

After lunch we went on the Musik Express. Again no wait. We decided to walk back over towards Steel Force, but passed Voodoo on the way there. There was a line and I saw my sister and asked what was going on. Apparently they had decided to open it. We were the 2nd group of people to ride. 10 minute wait because we were in line before it even opened. Very awesome.

After that I finally convinced my boyfriend to go on Dominator. We had to wait for it to go 2 times. Not bad. After that we went on the Bumper Cars and that was the most we had to wait all day. We had to wait for them to ride 4 times before it was our turn.

Then we went to the arcade. They got rid of the one DDR machine, my favorite one might I add. I really wasn't that impressed with the games they have in there. I enjoyed it more when I was younger, it seemed like they had a different selection.

Around this time, like 4:00ish, I always find it difficult to find anything to do. We walked around for a little, but all the rides had been ridden and boredom was starting to set it. I find I enjoy Dorney for like a half day, but someplace like Great Adventure or Hershey for the full day. All in all it was a good day, it wasn't that busy and I didn't have to pay for food. No lines and I got to ride a new coaster. I will be able to enjoy Dorney much more once the water park opens because then I have somewhere else to go once once I have ridden all of the coasters.
Dbzmaniac7

Re: 5/17/08

Postby Yoshi » Mon May 19, 2008 8:28 pm

I really wish they would reconsider the no reride policy. It's so nice to sit on a coaster at Great Adventure for 4 or 5 consecutive rides without leaving your seat or at least the station.

I was also annoyed to see they got rid of the DDR Extreme machine. Supernova machines are everywhere now and not as many Extreme's are around plus Extreme has a bigger songlist (and better songs). At least Supernova is only 50 cents a play though, I have never seen DDR that cheap anywhere.
Yoshi

Postby evofusion » Mon May 19, 2008 11:43 pm

I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed they got rid of DDR Extreme. I actually like Supernova more than Extreme. It really grew on me. Did you guys notice the high scores on the Supernova machine? All of them were really bad. They should reset those scores.
evofusion

Postby Yoshi » Mon May 19, 2008 11:47 pm

I didn't notice the scores but I didn't play yet this year. I'll look next time I am at the park.
Yoshi

Postby Dbzmaniac7 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:53 am

I didn't notice but mainly because I didn't play it yet. I can never find any songs that I like to play on Supernova...I guess I should try it seeing as it is one of the only DDR machines still around this area.
Dbzmaniac7

Postby evofusion » Tue May 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Supernova still has a ton of songs on it. Next time you play at Dorney you can change the way the songs are sorted so its easier to find the songs you know. Just press the left and right selector arrows together and change the sorting to alphabetical order. There might be more songs that you know on Supernova that you just cannot find.
evofusion

Postby Tori_is_neat » Sat May 24, 2008 5:09 pm

$0.50 for DDR? That's amazing. And sounds like a good trip, I'm thinking about hitting up Dorney on Friday since I get out early for my last day of school. Hope to hit Voodoo. Glad to hear that it's good. Also, great job on getting second train of the season.

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Postby Dbzmaniac7 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi Tori it's Rose!!! Haha And I do know how to find the songs by pushing the left and the right button at the same time...but thanks for letting me know anyway. I guess I just have to look harder I mean for only $.50 that's a really good deal!
Dbzmaniac7

Return to Trip Reports