5/27/08

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

5/27/08

Postby Yoshi » Tue May 27, 2008 9:58 pm

I'll try to keep this short,

I got to the park at 10:45 about 150 cars in the lot and 70 buses, Talon was closed so I waited outside the gates to Wildwater Kingdom. They let us in at 10:57. I went to Patriot's Plunge first, I was the only one in this area. Very tiring walking up the steps (72 of them) 3 times in a row. I went to the 4 slide complex and rode each slide once. Aquablast had over 100 steps, you go very high up on the turns.

The Speed Slides and the rapids ride (the one where you ride in an inner tube and slide down multiple short slides into rapids) were closed. Rode Aqua Racer twice, Jumpin Jack Splash's slides twice each, and went back to Patriot's Plunge and rode the lazy river. Overall I got 18 slides in 90 minutes which is great considering how crowded WWK usually gets.

Talon was a walk on, Hydra was closed at first. Voodoo was closed all day and I saw them working on the LIMS when I drove into the park.

Thundercreek Mountain and Dominator were both walk ons, Thunderhawk also was a walk on with 1 train. Steel Force had 2 trains running, 2 train wait.

Laser was finally opened, the 2nd train was nowhere in sight. Longest wait of the day at 10 minutes (2 train wait). People were wondering why they only had 1 train running. I was just glad the ride was running at all. The policy of making you take everything with you annoyed a lot of people as they had to bring backpacks and stuffed animals with them on the ride.

I finished with the Enterprise and Hydra.

I left at 2:30 since I had to get to work and I was very tired. You can always count on Dorney for a day with short lines if any at all.
Yoshi

Re: 5/27/08

Postby evofusion » Tue May 27, 2008 10:56 pm

You should have seen the park at around 6pm. It was so empty that it looked like it was closed.
evofusion

Re: 5/27/08

Postby Yoshi » Tue May 27, 2008 11:26 pm

I can imagine since most of the schools were probably gone by then and by the way the rest of the lot looked with most of those people gone as well and probably not many people going in for starlight, all adds up to an empty park. If that continues, I wonder if they'll be like Great Adventure and close at 6:00 on weekdays until mid June.
Yoshi

Return to Trip Reports