Friday the 13th

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

Friday the 13th

Postby phillydude » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:41 pm

We got to the park around 1pm... headed right to WWK and found a chair next to the small wave pool right away. Spent one cycle of waves there, then went to seek out some slides. Not having spent much time there, we had trouble finding some of the stuff we wanted to ride, and ended up on Lightning Falls for the first tube ride. I have a bit of a fear of heights, and the fact that you can see through the risers of the steps threw me off a bit, but I made it up there and enjoyed the ride down. After that, we did Riptide Run, which is one of my kids favorites, two trips down Wildwater Rapids, and the kids did the Speed Slide. Then it was back to the wave pool for another round of waves. By this time, it was getting close to 4pm, so we took one run down Aquaracer and headed out the back side into DP.

There were virtually no lines in the park... Wild Mouse was a five minute wait, Swings were a walkon, as was Hydra, Musik Express, and Apollo. When we drove up, Laser was running, so we headed back there to see and got a ride on it (loading seemed really slow, even though there wasn't much of a line). My younger son made it all the way to the gates before deciding he wasn't quite ready for it... but he swears that next time he'll ride it. Voodoo was running with a five minute wait, and it was the first time for my older son... he thought it was really good. We talked about Steel Force, and decided that will be our next ride to conquer (we haven't ridden that yet... and we still haven't done Dominator, Enterprise, Meteor, or Hang Time yet either... the last one wasn't open again today). The kids rode Monster, and then we grabbed some Mexican food for dinner.

After a few games, we ducked back into WWK to catch the last trip through Runaway River before closing (it was the only thing in WWK that really had a line earlier in the day). And on the way out, the older boy and I rode Hydra to finish up our day. All in all, a stress-free day.
How would you feel if you had a plate of fresh hand-cut french fries and wanted ketchup but instead I threw a dog turd on top of them and said, "It's better than nothing?" - modernphoenixv2

People have to eat. - Dick Kinzel
phillydude

Re: Friday the 13th

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Nice to see Riptide Run was finally open. It has been closed every time I have been to WWK this season including yesterday
Yoshi

Postby phillydude » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:19 am

The only thing that was closed in WWK was Wildwater River... and one of the guards told me that they didn't have enough guards to operate it. And only half of the big wave pool was open.

Has Hang Time been operating at all this year?
How would you feel if you had a plate of fresh hand-cut french fries and wanted ketchup but instead I threw a dog turd on top of them and said, "It's better than nothing?" - modernphoenixv2

People have to eat. - Dick Kinzel
phillydude

Postby Yoshi » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:59 am

It has been a little. Every time I walk by the ride it seems to be closed more than it is open though.
Yoshi

Return to Trip Reports