6/28/08 Day Trip!

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

6/28/08 Day Trip!

Postby silverghost » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:12 pm

Visited for most of the day on Saturday. I got there around 1 and didn't leave until about 9. As stated in the other thread, Meteor, Voodoo, and Revolution were all closed. Right as I arrived Voodoo was doing some testing, and I could have sworn I saw people on it at one point (was it open at all earlier in the day maybe?), but the entire time I was there, it was closed. Revolution also did some testing in the afternoon, but never opened. Meteor was stopped the entire day.

The weather was entertaining. It would go from sunny and hot to monsooning to cool and cloudy back to sunny and humid. Lines were minimal for most of the day, however, which I was really excited about. Talon's crew was doing a good job (though their supervisor was right there, so that helps). There was very little stacking over there. Steel Force was testing on and off for most of the afternoon, but opened up a bit later. All three trains running at a good clip. Thunderhawk was running one train, and we practically walked on. Same thing with Lazer, but the line got much larger the next time I passed by it. Dominator's up was closed for some of the time that Down was open... I wasn't sure what was up with that. Hydra was hydra. The wait was very short for almost all of the rides, really.

I decided to go on both of the train rides for the heck of it. Cedar Creek Cannonball was a nice ride. Zephyr, however, was kind of weird. The whole first half of the trip is just cruising behind all the buildings and tents. A bit awkward and, frankly, lame. But the creek is quite cool.

All in all, an entertaining day was had. Good job, Dorney Employees.
silverghost

Re: 6/28/08 Day Trip!

Postby jeffpiatt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:39 pm

actually both trains are "back stage" tours of there midways. the cannonball goes behind hing time and around canyon and passed the waterpark while zephyr goes around the tot spot/laser midway.
jeffpiatt

Postby silverghost » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:52 am

Yes, but Cannonball's is much, much more scenic. The back of Hangtime still lets you see people and the ride in action. Zephyr's just seems to go by the bland masonry backsides of Voodoo and other buildings. Just seems strange.
silverghost

Postby jeffpiatt » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:13 pm

it's been going around in the same circle since it opened with minor changes to track length for years. i actually find the zephyr to be an more relaxing train. the better part being the river run past road rally.
jeffpiatt

Return to Trip Reports