8/5/08

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

8/5/08

Postby Yoshi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:41 pm

I got to the park at around 10:15, the road before you turned into the gated entrance was all backed up and the waterpark already had some lines.

Thunder Canyon had no one in line, they were still loading 4 rafts at a time which was nice since they usually only load 2 or 3 when it is slow.

Wildwater Kingdom was packed. Most of the slides were 10 - 15 minutes but some were a little longer. Aquablast had a full line and was into the entrance area by 11:45 a.m.

Of course the ride side wasn't that crowded. Hydra had a long line but that was because only 1 train was running. It looked to be 30 minutes, not worth it. Stopped at Music Express, the ride seemed like it had a much longer cycle in past years. I also saw at one of the games (the one with the plastic ball and the gun where you shoot plastic cylinders) SP holders get 3 tries for $5.00 instead of 2 tries for $5.00. I also saw 10% off at Windjammers in the waterpark.

Dominator Green was a 2 cycle wait. Voodoo was a 3 cycle wait. In the station, right before my 2nd ride it broke down. They didn't say how long it would be closed for so I left after 5 minutes and went to Laser. It was a 3 train wait so that was around 15 minutes but since Voodoo had everyone exiting due to the breakdown (a few people stayed in the station) Laser's line got much longer by the time I exited the ride.

I would have liked to have taken more than 1 ride since I know it could be gone at any time now but if I did happen to get my last ride, it was a front seat ride so I am satisfied.

Steel Force's line looked to be around 20 minutes, too long for me so I skipped it and went to Thunderhawk which was a 2 train wait. Thunder Creek Mountain appeared to be around 15 minutes but I skipped it.

I tried Just Tacos for lunch. I got the Nachos Supreme for $4.50. It's one of the best deals in the park. I got a huge serving of Nachos with lots of beef, sour cream and cheese. It's enough to fill you up for under $5.00. Hydra was running 2 trains now so it was a 2 train wait for row 5. I finished the day with Talon, also a 2 train wait for the middle of the train.

By the time I left, the main part of the larger lot was almost full. It was the most crowded I have seen the lot this year but I don't go on summer weekends.
Yoshi

Re: 8/5/08

Postby phillydude » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:22 pm

wow... seems odd it was so crowded on a Tuesday... from what I've heard/seen, Tuesday is generally the slowest day of the week. I'm going on Friday, but I am planning on getting there later in the afternoon and staying into the evening. I'm working on the assumption that the lines in WWK are shorter in the pre-dinner hours (3-5pm)?
How would you feel if you had a plate of fresh hand-cut french fries and wanted ketchup but instead I threw a dog turd on top of them and said, "It's better than nothing?" - modernphoenixv2

People have to eat. - Dick Kinzel
phillydude

Postby HauntfanDP » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:11 pm

Just Tacos is easily the best deal in the park for food without a doubt. I just get the regular soft taco which is $2(plus tax). Still, I get two soft tacos which is a little over $4. Those two soft tacos fill me up and im good to go. Its definitly the best deal.
HauntfanDP

Postby Yoshi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:57 pm

Yeah that's where I plan to eat from now on, on the rare occasion I eat at the park.

^^ I always thought Tuesday and Thursday were the slowest days too. I forgot to mention that there were quite a few camp groups there which didn't help lines. Like for a slide complex, it 12 kids and 2 counselors got in line and only 3 people can slide at a time, that just made the line a few minutes longer in a matter of seconds.

When I left a little before 3:00, the waterpark was still very crowded. The only time I went later in the day (around 4-6 with a 6 closing time) to the waterpark was in June last year. I had the place to myself almost but that was a school day.
Yoshi

Postby dorneydude08 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:58 pm

I was there today with my friend dorneydude2123. It was crowded for a tuesday its usally not, but it was still fun. Got to ride all of the bigger rides except for hydra because it closed. We lucked out with rain though.
dorneydude08

Return to Trip Reports