8/1/08 + 8/8/08

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

8/1/08 + 8/8/08

Postby phillydude » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:12 pm

Two consecutive Friday trips, with two completely different agendas.

On the 1st, we (the boys and I) took the wife to DP/WWK. She's not much for amusement parks... actually, she likes amusement parks just fine, but doesn't like rides much. So we went right to WWK, parked our stuff at Wildwater Cove, and headed right to the lazy river. That went well, and since the line was short for Aquaracer, the kids convinced her to go on it... which pretty much ended her tolerance for adventure right there. She did go on Riptide Run with us, but sat with me as the kids went on Patriots Plunge. Overall, the lines were pretty long, so we didn't get on to Aquablast as we had planned, and she made it clear she wasn't going up on any ride towers anyway. So we took a cycle in the wave pool and headed to the DP side. I treated for Just Tacos, and we headed for the far end of the park, as the little one wanted to take mom on his favorite ride, Monster. Well, that was the first and last ride she went on (my older son and I went on Voodoo while they did that). Laser had a decent line, so we decided to skip it. On the way back up the hill, the older boy and I took the obligatory ride on Hydra (I still don't get why everyone is so down on that ride... I don't find it overly rough and my older son LOVES it) and Talon, and then my wife agreed to ride Thunder Canyon as we were leaving. It was a short day, but still fun. And we ran into a couple of girls who work at our local supermarket at home, so the boys were excited to see someone they knew (and I got to check them out in their bikinis).

On the 8th, it was just the boys and I, but since we were coming back from the Poconos, we didn't get to the park until after noon, and as a result we decided to check out a few of the shows. We watched the Abracadabra show in Camp Snoopy, and then headed down to ride Laser. My younger son had finally worked up the courage to ride his first "looper" and he came through it in good form... a little nervous as we got to the top of the lift hill, but after that he liked it a lot and wanted to go back on again (but not right away LOL). We got in line for Thunderhawk after that, but a thundershower suddenly rolled through and the power went out on both TH and Steel Force. TH was just approaching the station, so the people on the ride had just a short walk... but SF was up on the high flat section on the return, which would have been my worst nightmare (being less than thrilled with heights to begin with, let alone the prospect of having to evac down the ladder/stairs). We rode Scrambler instead, but missed seeing if they actually got the SF restarted and brought the riders in or made them leave via the emergency exits. The storm passed quickly without any appreciable rainfall, but we still headed for the front gates, as I had left the top down on my convertible, and the boys wanted to drop off a few things (prizes, jackets) anyway. It was a mob scene, as all the groups were trying to get everyone together and get out to the buses. When we came back in, the boys got Fudge Apples (which were very good) and then we went to WWK. The storm had cooled things off considerably, and it was a bit cool for getting in/out of the water often, so we did Wildwater Cove and Riptide Run and that was enough. At this point, it was dinner time, and we decided to head back to the car for dry clothes and a trip to McDonalds. The boys really wanted to see the big final show (the name of which escapes me) at 9pm, so we power rode a bunch of stuff at twilight (talon, swings, hydra, apollo, sea dragon, monster, voodoo) when the lines were short, and then headed to center stage. I thought the show was good, as it was mostly magic with only a couple musical numbers, and two of the four girls were certainly pleasant to look at. But the boys really liked it since they are really in to magic, and we ended up discussing the different illusions (and how they were done) all weekend.
How would you feel if you had a plate of fresh hand-cut french fries and wanted ketchup but instead I threw a dog turd on top of them and said, "It's better than nothing?" - modernphoenixv2

People have to eat. - Dick Kinzel
phillydude

Re: 8/1/08 + 8/8/08

Postby MozzMarr86 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:32 pm

phillydude wrote:On the 1st, we (the boys and I) took the wife to DP/WWK.

phillydude wrote:And we ran into a couple of girls who work at our local supermarket at home, so the boys were excited to see someone they knew (and I got to check them out in their bikinis).

Good jorb, phillydude. Please tell us all your wife was by your side when you were checking out the girls. Please, please, please!
MozzMarr86

Postby phillydude » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:49 am

Actually, she was... and we both commented (to each other, not to the girl) on how well-endowed the one girl is (since when she's at work she's wearing a smock-type thing which pretty much loosely covers her entire upper body). And just so there's no confusion, both the girls in question are over 21.

She (my wife, not the girl) also commented about how many females (both girls and women) were wearing bathing suits which were WAY too revealing for an amusement park (which I agreed with, after I made her point out the ones wearing the skimpy outfits). I simply said to my wife, "I'm afraid they have confused Wildwater Kingdom with a nightclub."
How would you feel if you had a plate of fresh hand-cut french fries and wanted ketchup but instead I threw a dog turd on top of them and said, "It's better than nothing?" - modernphoenixv2

People have to eat. - Dick Kinzel
phillydude

Postby MozzMarr86 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 am

You and your wife both get 1,000 Awesome Points. Congratulations!
MozzMarr86

Return to Trip Reports