10/5/08

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

10/5/08

Postby Yoshi » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:36 pm

I wanted to get to the park at opening, we ended up getting there at 12:15 but the lot wasn't that crowded and I saw Voodoo had 1 person in line.

We went to Magical House on Boo Hill first since I wasn't sure how crowded it would get later. It seemed to be the same as last year with some punching bags added in one of the rooms and a lot more actors, especially clowns. The Polka Dot room was cool to see again.

Next I wanted to go to Road Rally to avoid lines but we stopped at the Whip first. A much longer cycle than the one at Hershey. Road Rally was running 4 cars again, I don't think I have seen it run more than 5 cars all season. No line. I wanted to go to Laser to get some possible final rides in but it was closed. Very fusturating especially because I know I won't have many more chances to ride and possibly no more if they keep it closed the rest of the season. We stopped at the Dragon coaster since it had no line.

Voodoo was a 1 cycle wait for the last row. The holding brake was awesome so far up the back spike.

Steel Force was running 2 trains, 1 train wait for the front which usually has a crazy line for the front row. It just didn't seem that exciting compared to Nitro.

Thunderhawk had 1 train running, the line was down the stairs and into the first switchback. The 3rd car was chained off (I saw the entire back half was chained off earlier). Again, fusturating since it had to be around a 15 minute wait and the entire train should have been open. I didn't feel like waiting.

To get to Krazy Kars you have to go through the exit of Headstone Hollow which looked like it would be a cool walkthrough. We also stopped at Zephyr, no Halloween props along the track this year.

Hydra was a walk on for the back row. It really had a lot of vibrations and was rough compared to Medusa. Wild Mouse was closed (it appeared to be broken as they were running empty cars later). Talon was also a walk on for the back row. We were going to stop at the Cedar Creek Cannonball but it was also closed. I also noticed Revolution and Meteor were closed.

On the way out we stopped in that everything 50% off store and got a Talon mug for $1.00, a Laser glass for $1.42 and a decorated plate (picture here: http://www.cfmarketplaces.com/acb/store ... 01_3x3.jpg ) for $2.00.

Overall crowds were light which I was glad to see and hope it stays like that every Sunday in October like in past years but the amount of closed rides especially Laser was dissapointing.
Yoshi

Re: 10/5/08

Postby jeffpiatt » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:22 am

The CCC closes at five during the haunt. it may also close for other reasons.
jeffpiatt

Postby HangTime » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:55 pm

I was also there on 10/5. Got my goodbye ride on Laser. On the way out we stopped at the 50% off store. I'm not sure if it was a mistake, but the set of 4 coaster shot glasses rang up at $2.50 with tax. When I saw the price, I got a second set. Total came to $5. Is the stuff with laser on it half off of the 50%? The shot glasses were priced at $9.95 but scanned at $2.50!

Also, I forgot to look, but since Laser is on the Dorney Park Monopoly, is that in the 50% off store?
HangTime

Postby SteelVenomFan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:02 am

Where is the 50% off store?
SteelVenomFan

Postby Yoshi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:11 am

It's right when you walk into the park, to the right of the merry go round
Yoshi

Postby SteelVenomFan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:51 am

All of the items in the Carousel Emporium are now 65% off. Same goes for the Voodoo merchandise in Possessions.
SteelVenomFan

Postby Yoshi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Wow, looks like I am going to pick up some more stuff. I wonder if the % off will keep getting higher. Now if they would only mark down those Statix Talon and Hydra trains. I would pick up the Talon one even at 30% off but $32.99 is too much.
Yoshi

Return to Trip Reports