Music in the Parks 5/22

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

Music in the Parks 5/22

Postby dp45879 » Sat May 23, 2009 2:51 pm

I went to Dorney yesterday for music in the parks. Our chorus was supposed to sing at 10:20 but our time got boosted up to 10:00. We got to he park around 11 and went right in. Talon was stopped on the lift with riders and 2 or 3 workers climbing up the stairs. Our chorus/jazz band split up into small groups and my group consisted of 4 people.

First, we headed straight to Possessed. We waited about 3 cycles and we got on. I personally thought Possessed was the best ride in the park. I loved the launch and the way they dangled you at the top of he spike. 10/10

After we got off possessed, we went to steel force. About a 5/6 train wait and they were running 2 trains. After we chose our row, the line started getting long. Nice ride. My friend bought a picture which was hilarious. (The picture later started fading and the lady at the talon picture booth said they would probably give her a new one.) Just like I remember with great airtime. We sat almost exactly in the middle. It's now my second favorite ride in the park. 9/10

We debated what to do next and finally decided on Thunder CReek mountain. Way better than I remembered with very soaking rapids/waterfall at the top and a pretty wet hill with a boat of 4 people. About a 10-15 minute wait..at the last switchback. Not as great as knoebels. 7/10.

Walking around the park, we met up with 2 others from our chorus that were headed to Thunder Canyon. The wait was pretty long. Probably close to 20 minutes but we all agreed that it was worth it. Vey soaking waterfalls and an awesome rapid at the end. We came off weighing 5 pounds more than when we got on. Still my favorite rapids ride around. 9/10

Next, we were hungry so we went to a place down by TCM to get some fries. One of my friends and I shared an order so we were done so we were done before the other 2. We decided that we would ride dominator down before they finished eating. 15/20 minute wait. A very good and suspenseful ride. 8/10.

After we got off dominator, we met up with he other 2 and went to the enterprise. 1 cycle wait with very slow loading and a short ride cycle. 6/10. After that we headed to Apollo. 1 cycle wait and a fun ride but a very short cycle. 6/10

By that time it was 3 and time to check in with our directors at the carousel. While we were there, we headed to talon and got in line. It was near the bottom of the stairs and was up in no time. We waited for the front row which was an extra 5 train wait (they let a few people from the exit on). Talon's crew was the fastest all day. They did a great job. Really awesome ride. 9/10. From there we went to hang time. 1 cycle wait. Nothing spectacular. 5/10.

From there, we walked to hydra. 5 minute wait. We got the second row. It was a very cool ride and I liked the jojo roll but it was slightly rough. Now my 4th favorite coaster In the park. 7/10. Next, we debated whether to do Thunderhawk and decided not to because the lime was moving very slowly and it wasn't quite worth it, so we headed back to possessed to see the jazz band director in line. The line was under the back spike and they were only letting 2 trains worth of people into the station. Probably a 15 minute wait. While in line, we noticed how the back spike sways when the train Is at the top. Good thing I didn't notice that on our first ride.

Getting off, we met the jazz band director and aggreed to take his daughter on TCM. Same wait as last time and since we couldn't fit 5 in a log, we went in groups of 3 and 2. I was In the group of 2 and sat in the front. I got wetter than I did the first time when we had 4 people in a log. The rapids up top didn't get me wet, but the drop did. A huge tidal wave hit me from the front and my whole shirt was soaked along with my friend's who was sitting In the back.

We dropped the band director's daughter off to him and went to the tilt-a-whirl. 1 cycle wait. We fit all 4 of us in one car (even though it was VERY crowded) and our car spun nonstop. The op even gave us a pretty long cycle. 7/10. Since the Music Express was right next door and only had a 1 cycle wait, we decided to ride. I really thought this needed to go backwards. That probably would have made it go up a rating or two. 5/10

Continuing on, we went to dominator red. 3 cycle wait. Not as good as blue. I actually thought it was boring except for the launch. 6/10. For our last ride, we rode dominator blue. 20 minutes for wait and ride. Finally, it was time for the awards ceremony and were off to a 25 minute ride home. AWESOME day!
dp45879

Re: Music in the Parks 5/22

Postby Ecanyon05 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:00 pm

The drop tower on Dominator is called Dominator Green Tower I never really understood why people call it Blue...

I completely agree with you about Thunder Canyon!

All the ride Cycle's at Dorney are short and they are on a timer so at the tilt a whirl the operator did nothing to make it longer that's just how long it is.

The Talon Crew appreciates the Praise!!! (they work hard)

Hydra is Smoother if you ride in the back of the train...
Ecanyon05

Postby dp45879 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Ecanyon05 wrote:The drop tower on Dominator is called Dominator Green Tower I never really understood why people call it Blue...

I call it blue because I think the color looks more blue than green. Didn't pay much attention to the sign except for "shoots you up" and "shoots you down".
dp45879

Postby Ecanyon05 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:27 pm

That's cool your not the only one who calls it blue i was just saying.
Ecanyon05

Postby dp45879 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:35 pm

I understand. I guess my response sounded a little "in your face". LOL. Sorry about that.
dp45879

Postby cf4444 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:23 pm

Ecanyon05 wrote:The Talon Crew appreciates the Praise!!! (they work hard)

Yes we do. (On both counts.) Glad to hear you had a nice time.
cf4444

Postby ccnepa87 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:54 pm

glad you had fun.
I hope to go this week.
I personally think the Thunderhawk is wortht he wait, but that's just me. I love wood and beaty/bangy rides.
ccnepa87

Return to Trip Reports