6/2/09

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

6/2/09

Postby Yoshi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:47 pm

After checking the weather for last week and this week, it was finally a good day for WWK.

I got to the park a little after opening, went to Dominator first. I had a solo ride on the turbo drop side, went to Thunderhawk for a walk on since Possessed wasn't opened yet. It opened a few minutes later and I got a walk on for the last row. Then I went to Steel Force for another walk on, the last row is a lot better than I remember. Thunder Creek Mountain was also a walk on, got drenched as usual.

Hydra was closed as signs outside the park said it wouldn't open until 2:00 because of some media event but there was a crane near the station and not much going on at the ride.

Talon had a line so I figured I would go to it later and went into WWK. It is rare to see WWK as empty as it was today. Nothing had any wait more than 2 - 3 minutes, even Aquablast. I won't list everything but I got 17 slides in around 90 minutes.

After WWK, I went to White Water Landing and Thunder Canyon. Thunder Canyon was only loading 2 out of 4 rafts each dispatch. That was ok with the line short but the line built up fast and they still were only loading 2 rafts. Even worse the person grouping the riders to the rafts wasn't getting the maximum amount of people in a boat. 2 people would go to loading area 1 and he wouldn't tell anyone else to join them, so a lot of rafts went out with 2 or 3 people. I rode with 2 people wearing jeans and hooded sweatshirts. They asked one of the ops if you get wet. The op warned them they would get soaked. They were surprised when we got to the waterfall section and were completely soaked.

I stopped at Talon on the way out, with a 1 train wait. I would have stayed longer for more rides but I had to leave and go to work.

It was a great trip and I was really looking forward to going back to WWK again since my last trip in August of last year.
Yoshi

Re: 6/2/09

Postby Tori_is_neat » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:25 pm

Glad you enjoyed your ride! :]

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Postby Yoshi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Yeah, I'm going to start having to try to ride in the last row or at least the last car a lot more often now. Not as much air time as in the front, but I really liked the helix a lot more in the last row.

It was also nice to meet you.
Yoshi

Postby Tori_is_neat » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:45 pm

It was nice to meet you too!

Yeah, there are less positive G's in the back, which is much nicer when it comes to the helix. The backseat itself gives a different ride than the front two rows of the last car, though, so you gotta watch out for that.

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Return to Trip Reports