6/6/09 - EVENING

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

6/6/09 - EVENING

Postby dorneydude » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:07 am

We went to the park after 7pm Sat. It was a beautifull night. I was disturbed there was not a pass holder line...just one line to get in for all so we actually had to wait to get in. Oh well. The crowds were not too bad, it was mostly a night with little kids and flats for us. We worked our way thru camp snoopy and then to Tilt A Whirl. There was me and 3 kids ages 2, 7 and 8. I have never spun so much in my life! I gotta believe it was not by chance...I swear that ride op did it on purpose.

The kids guided me off the ride down to the next one. You'll know the one...we call it the squisher because Dad gets squished as it goes around...maybe that why it does not go backwards anymore. Anyway, I thought the girls could go by themsleves but the sign said 'Must be 52" unless accompanied by a repsonsible adult'. Funny, when we got up there the dude said my 54" 8 year old could sit with her 49" 7 year old cousin. AWESOME! Dad won't get flattened out tonight. (I admit I think dude was misintepretting the rules) I made a beeline for the exit. It magentically shut! I ended up staying on the ride sitting next to my 13 year son...get squished worse than ever!

Next up the Whip. I sat that one out and watched all DP making $5 every 40 seconds at the Bball game. Who ever dreamed that one up should be a VP in CF somewhere!

Next up the Zephyr. A nice talkitive ride op was there as we waited for the train to come in. He decribed the history of the train and some other older DP rides. It was very interesting. I inquired about a favorite old op of ours: George. I had not seen him this year or last. I guess his health is poor. I am sorry to hear that. They really should add some sort of decor to parts of the train ride. It was sad driving by the former home of the laser too. I also wish they' reopen the second stop down by the dragon as that was where we were headed next.

I think it was around 9ish when my daughter wanted her 1st evening ride on SF for the season. Theres a bunch of old kiddie rides for the 7 year old to take to the 2 year old on so we headed over towards: Possessed. The 2 year old hopped on the first ride just before Possesed. I took my daughter towards SF but we were stopped in large crowd at Possesed...maybe a little after 9pm. Some guy was on t he ground and it did not look good. The little medic truck rolled in. Iwas hoping it was a training thing as I had seen in WWK but it was not. Soon security was shooing folks away and when some pushing and shoving started we decided to leave the whole area of the park as it appeared things were getting a bit out of control, there were waay more folks in frey than security and I had kids with me who were getting scared. It was late anyway and SF is not going anywhere. I hope the patron was ok as well as the park staff. ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED? The rumour was he was injured on Possesed or getting off Possesed ....?

Anyway, my daughter was upset and scared...almost crying.....so we left the area and stopped at Hydra for her first night ride. It was great...not too bumpy...we sat towards the back.

After that it was time to go and we got stuck in traffic exiting the park. I was disturbed at home many kids I saw crossing Hamilton...more than I have seen in the past and the season is just starting. I still think a wall or something is needed along the roadway.
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Re: 6/6/09 - EVENING

Postby Ecanyon05 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm

No one got hurt getting on or off of Possessed that incident had nothing to do with any ride...
Ecanyon05

Postby dorneydude » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:23 pm

thats good news...what actually happened?
dorneydude

Postby dorneydude » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:38 am

WOW! I would have stayed but had kids and you never know if weapons are smuggled in. Looks DP needs some more security!
dorneydude

Postby MozzMarr86 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm locking this topic before a staff member says something they'll regret.
MozzMarr86

Return to Trip Reports