7/12 - Quick trip

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

7/12 - Quick trip

Postby hoany » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 am

We arrived mid afternoon to a pretty full lot. We lucked out and found a parking spot in the front row right by the entrance. I saw a bunch of buses also but hoped Dorney would come through again with less crowds than expected.

Went on Talon with maybe a couple minute wait. Took a center row just to get on quicker. Great ride as always except sitting next to a girl who was riding for her first time was hard on my ears... :shock:

Rode the CCC train next, was almost full by the time they left the station.

Got on Hydra next with maybe a couple minutes wait.

We got down to Dominator and I decided to ride even though there were a few people in line. Red side seemed a little less wait so I went there. Right before I enter the line a group of 12 teens (I think thats how many the ride seats too) enter in front of me. I figure oh well just another cycle wait, not a big deal. So after about 12 minutes it's time for the big group to go on. They all go into the holding area before taking their seats. Problem is once the gates were opened 3 of them head right around and out the exit :roll: . I know it's not a big deal but still taking up space then not riding just makes others have to wait longer. Maybe they legitimately chickened out at the last second? Oh well, got on after that and it was a great view as always.

We got down by Possessed and saw a line a little ways out from the station and decided to pass. Steel Force had a line out of the station as well so we just strolled back out hitting CCC once more on the way out. All told we only spent 1:45 there but had a great time.

Question about Screamin Swing: Is it really just like a giant Sea Dragon like I've heard or is it much more fun? I've still never gone on it due to it being an extra fee.
hoany

Re: 7/12 - Quick trip

Postby Ecanyon05 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:46 am

Ive ridden it lots of time and i guess its kinda like sea dragon but the forces are a lot more intense and you get some good float... If you go at night sometimes its BoGo and you can get a deal or if your a season pass holder its always BoGo.
Ecanyon05

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:35 am

I rode it once....ehh...not worth the upcharge to me. Your really just paying for it because it's low capacity. The larger models at other parks are included in POP and I gotta say the one at Cedar Point was really cool though.

Now the Skyscraper....that was a good ride, worth paying for.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby Tori_is_neat » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:50 am

I only ever rode it once, and it's fun - you do get some nice negative G's - but, I'd say it's only worth it with BoGo. Then again, I'm stingy.

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Postby Yoshi » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:51 pm

They should give SP holders 1 free ride a season, maybe during off hours (9:00 - closing for example). It looks interesting but the cycle seems way too short. Or better yet, give it to another CF park and have Dorney get one of the non upcharge 32 seater versions.
Yoshi

Return to Trip Reports