10/10/09

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

10/10/09

Postby Yoshi » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:33 pm

I went to the park for around 50 minutes today. I only stopped in since I was in the area and generally avoid Saturday's in October.

The parking lot didn't look too crowded but it was very crowded inside the park, I thought that at 4:30 I could avoid the 5:00 rush until I saw there wasn't any 5:00 pricing on Saturday or Sunday this year.

First ride of the day was Talon, 2 train wait. I was going to go to Hydra next but it was closed down with an empty train in the station and a train of riders on the brake run.

I was shocked to see White Water Landing running since it was in the low 60's with it being a little windy. There were actually some people riding in this weather including 2 guys not wearing any shirts.

Thunderhawk had a packed station and a line on the stairs and with 1 train running it had to be at least 20 minutes so I skipped it.

I saw a kid who was a single rider being told they can't ride the Scrambler after they were seated in their car. There really needs to be a sign at the entrance saying no single riders if they are going to have this rule. As if that wasn't bad enough, the mother waiting at the exit asked if she could ride with her daughter and the op told her she couldn't as it wouldn't be fair to those waiting in line and if the mother wanted to wait in line, she could then ride with the daughter. What difference did it make if they let the mother through the exit to ride with the daughter since the same 1 car was going to be filled so it's not like the mother would have taken a seat away from someone else.

Steel Force was a 5 train wait with 2 trains running with the line getting longer after I got in line. Possessed didn't appear to have a long line looking at it from Steel Force's lift but when I got to the ride it too had broken down and they were emptying the line so it must have been more than a few minute delay.

The midways were some of the most crowded I have seen all season. Dominator had a lot of people entering the line and I saw the Turbo Drop side looked to be 20 - 25 minutes, the Space Shot side around 15 minutes so I skipped those as well. Wild Mouse also had around a 20 minute line so I went back to Talon with a little less than a 15 minute wait.

Not my best trip with only 3 rides but it was still better than not going to the park at all.
Yoshi

Re: 10/10/09

Postby Ecanyon05 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:29 am

The NO SINGLE RIDERS rule is posted on the Rider Safety Guide Sign at the entrance to the ride. As for the Operator not allowing the mother to join the child that was wrong on the operators part. I will bring it up with the Area Supervisor in hopes to correct that problem.
Ecanyon05

Postby Tori_is_neat » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:07 am

Yoshi does make a good point, though. As much as I wish every guest read the rider safety guide, it would probably make life easier for the guests and the operators dealing with said guests if there was a largeish sign like some of the other flats have. I know it's not Dorney's style to have those sort of signs, but I do think it would be helpful to everybody involved.

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Postby Yoshi » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:34 am

Was it recently added to the sign? After Kozmo mentioned it earlier this year, on my next trip to the park I remember looking at the safety sign to see if there was any mention of the rule and don't remember seeing it.

I still wonder why it was even added in the first place since the manufacturer states single riders are ok if seatbelts have been installed. It's not a huge issue for me as I only rode the Scrambler once or twice a season and can still ride it at Hershey, Fantasy Island and Ocean City. I just hope they don't add this rule to any other rides.
Yoshi

Postby Ecanyon05 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:52 pm

It is located toward the bottom of the safety guide sign. I have no idea when it was added but it has been there alllllll season long even before the park opened. I remember noticing it when i was doing preseason rides trainings.
Ecanyon05

Return to Trip Reports